1

(Long time no write, so I write 😏 )

---------------------------------

Espresso, it was already morning. He was up since last night. Gladly today he made his way to his Childhood friend's house, Latte. He made ot there to talk with Latte, though they live just near next door in a good neighborhood.

They both were sitting at Latte's dinning table, drinking coffee. The room was very aesthetic, there was a decently large window on front of them, curtains hanging out of the view. The time was probably 9:00 am.

"Hey," Latte said trying to start up a conversation. "Hm?" Espresso replied back. "I heard there's new people moving in this neighborhood."

"Who?"

"There's the one next, next, next door. I heard she's a nun." Latte said as drinking her cup of Latte. Espresso nodded, "Oh, and there's another one. Though I don't know who. I heard he's a male though." Espresso drank his cup of coffee, "I see." Latte then went on her phone due to bored-some. An akaward silence passed through for a while, since there was really nothing to discuss..

"Well Latte, it's been nice having coffee with you in the morning. I must stroll off now." Espresso said taking his jacket from the chair he sat in grappling it on him. Latte smiled, "Alright then. See ya!"

Espresso walked out of her house, locking the door leaving out. The air was quiet foggy and the temperature was cold. But Espresso really didn't mind the cold as much, just sometimes. He walked over to his house, he looked from afar to see the new neighbor. She was lifting up her boxes to the house, 'damn she seems tuff.' He thought. Stopping for a bit and seeing his mailbox, there was a mail sticking out. This early?! He took the mail and walked in his house, opening the front door the the sweet and bitter smell.
He sat down at a table and opened the note in shock.

------------------------------------------------------------

No one:
The note:

           Dear, Espresso Cookie....
Hello, this is Pure Vanilla from the Vanilla Kingdom. I'm sure you know me from there. I decided, well I mean. I would like to request if you'll like to enter here and do quest for me. Yes you would be loved by the town and have all due respect, don't worry. You would be point up with a partner to help you fight creatures. But if you decline this request, I understand. Now. Thank you for taking the time to ready this letter.

One and only,
                             Pure Vanilla Cookie.

-----------------------------------------------------------

No way, of course he couldn't decline. It's Pure Vanilla! He needed to fulfill his quest! ..... Today, today he'll go to the Vanilla kingdom.. Espresso decided he'll go to the Kingdom around golden hour..

-------------

Madeleine made it in his house, though he was tired in the morning, "ughhhh." He groaned as tired himself. He flopped on his bed looking at a note Pure Vanilla had sent him.. 'Maybe, I'll come around 6pm.' He thought, knowing he must show up. Madeleine just moved here in this peacefull neighborhood.

( time skip bc we need time skip)

It was already hitting golden hour. Espresso looked at the time, it was 6:20. He didn't have much time to make it to the Kingdom. It's about another 10 minute so it should be fine. He would arrive by 6:30, depending on traffic. Though luckily it wasn't slow. Espresso got in his car, he drove to the Vanilla kingdom in his usual outfit.

...

"I'm here to see Pure Vanilla." Espresso said as the guards hold spears blocking the way. They eventually sure if Espresso was telling truth untill they saw him flipped the note out his pocket. "Right this way then.." they said as he made his way in the large castel. Je kept a straight face as he was walking forward, and forward. "Espresoo Cookie!" Pure Vanilla yelled as he got up his throne. On front of Pure Vanilla like about feets away was another cookie, another cookie qith especially long blone bright hair. "Hello, your highness." Espresso bowed. Pure Vanilla smiled, "Thank you, you two for Deciding to complete quest! Also just in timing. Espresso meet Madeleine, he'll be your partner for the WHOLE entire quest for now. Even you two would become good friends!" Pure smiled as his eyes were closed. The long large windows were opend, the orange golden sky color was shinning through their faceses. Madeleine and Espresso looked at each other which no expression, except Madeleine smiled at Espresso while he kept his straight face.

"Got it?" Pure Vanilla said. Madeleine nodded, "Thank you again for this special offer. We, I and my new partner are greatful for this. Really."

Espresso walked out the castle, so did Maldeine. Though Espresso walked fast so that he wouldn't get "distracted", he just wanted to get the job done. Not make some friend. "Wait-! Hold up!" Madeleine said as he ran towards Espresso, Unlike him, Madeleine wanted to be friends with Espresso. "Hey Espresso, we have to do quest soo. I wanted to ask if I could get your number so that we can keep in contact." Espresso was ignoring him, but had to do what he had to do. He looked at Madeleine, he stared at his blue ocean eyes for a second, fastend he turned away. "Yeah, yeah. Give me your phone."  Espresso said handing his hand out. Madeleine was quiet confused but happy.
The both exchanged numbers. Espresso made it home, so did Madeleine.

-------------

"Yeah Latte, okay.. Bye." Espresso clicked his phone off as he got out the car. It's already only been a week and Madeline and Espresso were so close, yet akaward. But Madeleine would throw his charm which would make him flustered. "Madeleine, I'm here!" Espresso yelled out to Madeleine as he ran towards him, he was exhausted. Running out of breaths. "Espresso! Take deep breaths! We need to complete our quest for today!" Madeleine patted Espresso's back.

They both, well Madeleine flew his large incredibly heavy sword. Espresso was amazed how he did it, buy flying coffe beans are better too. They both got rid of the cake hounds (noo Velvet your cake hounds!) They both looked at each other, "two more rounds to go." Madeleine confidencetly said. "How- do you even hold that humongous heavy looking like sword?a" Espresso panicked. Mad laughed, "here, hold it. " He handed Espresso his sword to hold. But without seconds Espres was losing breaths, 'huff-huff-, "This sword is so God damn heavy-!" He struggled. Madeleine took it and laughed, "It could take practice." He laughed. Espressos then formed a smile and Madeline smirked. They got along, though Espresso thought Madeliene was really annoying. "Quite clingy" He would usually say.

"We did it!" Madelien cried as they finished first weeks quest.

...

--------------------------

It's been about 2 months.. They grew closer, they were really, really good friends.

"You've two done very well!" Pure Vanilla exclaimed as Espresso and Madeleine standing in front of him. "We- we are very honored." Espresso chuckled. Pure vannlia walked down his throne, which made the two look at him. "Ah yes, now your success. You'll celebrate your success at the town hall.!" Madeleine looked at Espresso and they both smiled.

"First time riding a horse?" Madeleine said as both of them were on the horse making their way to the town. "Urm..." As Espresso struggled on the horse. Madeleine laughed, " Hey,  stay calm about it. You might be scared but it's not as scary." He charmed his smile. With thoes words to Espresso he'd calm down. "See?" - a yelled from a distance, "ESPRESSOOOOOO!!" Latte yelled. Madeleine looked at the girl, they've made it to the town. Both male cookies got off the horse, Latte running to hug Espres. "Do you know her?" Madeleine questioned. Latte giggled, "childhood friends. And who might you be?"
"I'm Madeleine, Espresso's partner." He smiled. Espresso was about to die from the hug, "Oh sorry." Latte apoglized. There was a crowd of people at town ready to celebrate the cookies for protecting the town.

"Well you two, shall we go celebrate?"