ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

[𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 10 : 𝘯𝘰 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘬 ]

The blonde girl had spent all night worrying about Peter, she even went over to be there for may, Jolene called her that night to let her know she was there, her dad was actually one of the officers on duty that night, helped may with the paperwork.

She knocked on peters door but he didn't answer, may told her she was gonna rest, so jo left after cleaning up her kitchen, feeding snowbell and taking out her trash on the way out. She shouldn't have to worry about doing that stuff after her husband just died.

Jo really was worrying for Peter, he hadn't responded or even reacted to her, she knew he needed time to heal but being alone was the last thing he needed right now. Especially after that fight they had minutes before Ben died. She knew Peter all to well and knew he thought bens death was on his hands.

So here she was getting dropped off at school by her father, who told the girl he'd keep her updated on the Ben Parker case. Jolene entered the school and went straight to her locker, minutes later, she saw him. She saw peter.

"Hey, Parker." She heard flash call, the girl slammed her locker shut ready to defend Peter at all cost of flash dared to insult him about his uncle after his sudden and tragic passing.

"Not today." Peter muttered bidding in his head in his locker. "Come on, I just want to talk." Flash says grabbing peters shoulder only for Peter to hoist the boy up by his collar slamming him against the locker, grabbing everybody's attention and letting a gasp escape Jolene.

"It feels better, right? Look, your uncle died. I'm sorry. I get it. I'm sorry. Okay?" Flash says in a genuine tone. She watched Peter as he stared a flash for a moment before letting him go and slamming the locker closed he rushed off. Jolene chasing after him, she watched Gwen hug him, only for him not to hug back and to continue walking out the doors of the school, Jolene chased after him.

"pete!" She call only for him to keep walking, the girl followed him all the way to his house, pushing her self, she jogger faster and finally she was infront of the boy on the porch of the Parker residence.

He stopped like he was frozen, the girl seen the dead cold look in his puppy dog eyes and felt for him. He was trying not to break down right here right now. Gently the girl takes his hand, his hand flinching at her touch.

"Hey....hey it's just me..." she whispered in a calm soothing voice, he couldn't look at her. If he did, he'd loose it. Her green orbs looked over his brittle and broken expression. Gently letting her other hand cup his face, her thumb trailed over his cheek. "It's just me pete...it's Jo....I'm here...." she whispered again.

Turning his head to face hers, his brown pine eyes met her Leaf green ones, and just like that, it all came crashing down on him.

Jo noticed the tears trickling from his eyes and instantly she pulled the boy into a hug, where he started to collapse down onto the steps of the porch, Jolene going down with him as he cried into the nape of her neck and her chest as the girl tried comforting him. "It's okay, I'm here—I got you. I got you...let it out pete...I have you." She soothed weaving her fingers through his thick brown hair. His arms secured around her waist and his head buried in her neck. "It's my fault...." he sobbed.