20

"Hey, Violet..." A girl with deep pink hair said as she and a girl with long brown hair walked into the room.

"Hi." I whispered and looked at Sam nervously. "It's okay, V." He said gently as the girls walked over to my bed.

"Do you remember us?" The brunette asked quietly. I shook my head slightly as my eyes watered. "Are you the girls Colby talked about?" I asked and frowned.

"No, these are our friends. This is Kat, my wife." Sam said and gestured to the girl with pink hair.

"This is Ki. She's your best friend and has been for a while." Sam said as the names tickled my brain.

"Everything is so fuzzy." I said quietly and closed my eyes. "Hey. Keep your eyes open." Sam said as Ki frowned.

"Why is dumbass sleeping? He should be awake." Ki said and gestured to Colby.

"Don't be mean to him." I whispered as her face dropped. "Oh! I'm sorry, V. I forgot that your memory is a little fucked. Colby and I are mean to each other but we love each other like siblings. I promise." She said as I frowned.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and blinked slowly. "You look so tired." Kat said quietly.

"They won't let me sleep." I said then sniffled. I closed my eyes against the pain only to be shaken. "Violet. Eyes." Sam reminded.

I didn't care though.

I was sick of being forced awake and I was sick of my head hurting so I just kept my eyes closed.

"Violet! Open your eyes!" Sam said frantically as he smacked my cheek gently. "Please, Violet. Don't do this." He said as Colby groaned slightly.

"What's going on?" Colby asked as Sam tried desperately to get my eyes open. I whimpered as my eyes watered. "She won't open her eyes!" Sam said as Colby rushed over.

"Violet, baby. Please open your eyes. I know it's hard, but we need you to keep them open. Please." Colby begged desperately.

There was so much pain in his voice that I felt my eyes opening involuntarily.

"There you are. Don't scare me like that. Please." Colby said as he caressed my cheek gently.

"M'sorry. M'so tired." I mumbled and looked into his eyes. "I know. I wish I could help." He said as Sam sighed with relief.

I sniffled then let myself relax into the bed as best as I could. "When did you guys get here?" Colby asked Kat and Ki.

"Just a couple minutes ago." Kat said as Ki looked at me with tears in her eyes.

I looked at her for a second before her face scrunched and tears trickled down her cheeks.

I opened my mouth to apologize but before I could, she was putting her hand over her mouth and running out of the room.

"I didn't mean to." I whispered and looked at Colby. "She just loves you a lot. This is hard for her." He explained gently as Kat left the room. I frowned then looked down at my hands as best as I could.

I was already sick of wearing a neck brace and I knew my time with it had only begun. I looked down at my hands for a second before fuzzy memories with Kat and Ki slowly started fading in.

I noticed that in the fuzzy memories there were often little girls in the memories. They felt familiar but also like I had never met them before.

"Hey..." Colby said and shook my leg, bringing me back to reality. "Sorry. Do Kat and Ki have kids?" I asked and looked up at them.