73

Colby and I got cleaned up and dressed then made our way back to the kitchen so I could finally finish making my cake.

There was an awkward tension that was still surrounding Colby and I. The sex helped a little bit with it but I was still feeling so uneasy about all of this.

Just because Colby told Lucy off doesn't mean she would stay away.

"Want help?" Colby asked as I looked up at him. "Sure." I said as he sighed. "Are you still upset?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I just feel weird." I said and focused on the ingredients in front of me.

"I think it's gonna take a while and more than just sex to get over this." I said as he sigh. "I know. I really fucked up, and I don't expect you to forgive me so easily but I am really sorry." He said as I nodded.

"I know you are." I said and gave him a reassuring smile. "The girls know we're fighting by the way." I said with a sigh.

"You told them?" He asked and scrunched his brow. "No, their imaginary friend did." I said as he breathed a laugh. "Having mediums as kids is so weird." Colby said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I see the little girl they talk to." I said quietly. "Yeah?" He asked as I nodded.

"I...I think it's the baby we lost." I mumbled. "Are you sure?" He asked as I shook my head.

"No, but..she looks like me." I said and looked down. "Do spirits age like that though?" Colby asked as I shrugged. "I'm not sure. Do you think I should try and contact her?" I asked as he shrugged.

"If you want to. I know it could be hard for you." He said as I nodded. "I think I just want to know." I said then closed my eyes and took a breath.

"Poppy, if you're here can you show yourself to me?" I asked then opened my eyes. In front of me was the little girl that Nova and Luna have been seeing.

"Hi, sweetie..." I said as she smiled. "Hi, mommy." She said as my eyes watered. "Oh..." I whispered and brought my hand to my mouth. "I knew it." I said then brought my hand to her cheek.

"Papa and nana gave me my name." She said with a wide smile as my heart dropped. "Poppy like the flower!" She said as my eyes watered. "It's a beautiful name." I said and looked up at Colby.

He was looking at me with concern and a hint of sadness. "I was right." I said as his face dropped.

"Hi, daddy." Poppy said as I sniffled. "She says hi." I said as he nodded. "Hi, Poppy." He said with a small smile.

"Nova and Lulu are waking up! I gotta go!" She said then disappeared. As soon as she was gone I burst into tears, almost falling to my knees.

"Woah, I gotcha." Colby whispered as he caught me. "My parents named her, Colby. They named her." I cried out as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Shhh....it's okay, love." He said then kissed my head. I let myself fall apart for a little bit before I straightened up and wiped my eyes.

Before either Colby or I could speak, Nova and Luna were coming into the room.

"Hi loves, how was your nap?" Colby asked as I turned to make sure I had gotten the tears out of my eyes.

"Good!! Are you still mad at mommy?" Nova asked as Colby chuckled. "I could never stay mad at mommy." He said then pulled me closer and kissed my head.

"Mommy, why isn't the cake done?" Luna asked as I shrugged. "I got distracted. Why? Do you want some cake?" I asked as she nodded.

"Brother or sissy wants cake so I want cake." Luna said as I nodded. "I will get it done then." I said with a smile then turned to start making the cake again.