𝙫. alone is never better

TW // mention of attempted murder, blood

( ARIA'S POV )

"NIGHTY-NIGHT, PRINCESS."

     "IS SHE BREATHING?"

     "IS SHE BREATHING?"

     Miren's voice was panicked. I wanted to let her know I was okay— but from what?

     "Yes," Issac answered. "Heartbeat's okay, too, but I think she's in comatose."

     I could hear footsteps inching closer to me. The rustling of leaves was a delight to hear, until I felt a sting of pain. My forehead ached, but I couldn't utter a word. Someone started putting an antidote onto it, but without speaking a word, I wouldn't have a clue to who it was.

     "You idiot," Mateo hissed. "Why didn't you pull her up? We were counting on you."

Even without context, I knew that was a sugarcoated version of 'we trusted you.'

     What happened to me?

     I wanted to tell them that I was well— that my head only hurt a little. That I would wake up, soon. Why could I hear them, yet I was sleeping? Was I sleeping?

     What did Giovani do to me?

     Despite his shameless efforts into getting our attention, not to mention his stubbornness— there was something about him. I couldn't understand why, just as with Issac, but I felt I could connect to them. Nevermind our contrasting personalities.

     "I was going to, I swear—" Giovani tried to explain, before ultimately getting cut off by Haven.

     "But you didn't."

     The throbbing of my forehead was put to a stop, as someone placed a bandage over it. The group was eerily silent— an occurrence I didn't think was possible.

     "We should've left someone else to the task," Peter stated, before promptly walking away.