03. Invite

Lying in my bed,still wide awake

Lying in my bed,still wide awake. Staring at the ceiling like it's one the most beautiful thing in the world-lets be honest, it is only if you looked carefully.
At this point I didn't even know why I was debating with myself if the ceiling was beautiful or not.

Moron.

Never in a milennium, did I think that I'll be saying this but, I can't stop thinking about my mate, my darling. It's all because of that stupid mate's bond, but I knew mate or not that women had captivated me in ways I never thought were even possible.

I had been with countless men,women, demons etcetera. Anything and everything you could ever imagine,but nothing compared to my mate.

Hell nothing even came close.

It's been a week, a whole damn week, since I had last seen or spoke to my adorable mate. I can't seem to stop thinking about how cute she looked while slept or the way she smiled while she played with Coco.

I wonder how she's been doing. I wonder if she is thinking about me, because I definitely can't seem to think about anything but her. Even my demons have been restless all week.

We want to see our mate. We want to meet her. Take us to her. My demons have been chanting since last week. Even though I was tempted to go see her, I knew I couldn't.

All I knew was that she's safe. If she was hurt or in any kind of trouble I would instant know about it due to the bond. That's the only thing that I liked about the bond. That's also how I'll always know that she is safe,with or without me being around her.

I had also given her my number before I had dropped her off two blocks ahead of her appartment. I didn't blame her though, instead I was proud of her for doing so. Never trust anyone in this cruel world,you never know who could hurt you.

I had told her to call or text me if there was any problem or if she ever just needed someone to talk to-yeah I know I kinda do sound desperate ,but anyways. All that matters is that my mate is safe and happy, even if it's without me.

I had also kissed her on her forehead before bidding her good bye-which I knew was completely out of line but I just couldn't help myself. Even though it had also made her blush a deep crimson ( I knew that I had to do better for her).

It had made me laugh at how easily I could get her all flustered. To which she had become all pouty about, but even then her smile hadn't gone unnoticed by me.

I looked over at the watch kept on my night stand. I was a gift from Lucifer. It helped me manage my time perfectly, both on earth and as well as in hell.
It was past midnight now,maybe I could go check on her like it was the most habitual thing for a stranger to do or maybe I could watch her sleep like a complete creep that I'm. Nope that gives me major Twilight vibes.

Suddenly my phone lit up, with a message from an unknown number. Except Lucifer nobody messaged me at this time of the day or night if I say so.

Unknown : Hey Azrael, it's me Ziyana.
Hope you remember me 🙂
I know it's a very unusual time to message you 😅