Chapter One- The New Kid

It was Monday morning. Dean strutted into his first class, winking at a group of giggling girls, as usual. He plunked himself down on his seat, throwing his rucksack underneath the desk and relaxing into the chair.

He leaned back and sighed, it wasn't like he'd planned to actually do his work anyway. He hated Math.

Their teacher, Mrs. Miller, walked into the class followed by a boy Dean had never seen before. He was short and had dark, scruffy hair and bright blue eyes, he was smartly dressed in a suit and wore a long beige trench coat over it.

Dean peered curiously at this strange kid, his alert blue orbs flickered nervously around the room. Mrs Miller stood in front of the class.

"Class, this is Castiel Novak. He is a new student here."

Castiel? Dean thought to himself. That's an interesting name for sure...

"Do you have anything you want to share about yourself, Castiel?"

Castiel looked down and shook his head.

"Alright, well please take the empty seat over there." Mrs Miller said, pointing at the seat next to Dean.

Castiel nodded and cautiously approached Dean. He sat down and carefully placed his books on the desk.

"Hey."

Castiel looked to his right and saw a pair of mischievous green eyes staring straight into his.

"I'm Dean, and you're Castiel, right?"

Castiel nodded.

"Great, looks like we're Math buddies then, huh?"

Castiel smiled weakly, "Yeah, I guess so."

~Time skip~

Dean strolled to his locker as the lunch bell rang, where his girlfriend, Vanessa was impatiently waiting for him.

"Dean? You remember that we're catching a movie after school, right?" She purred, clinging to Dean's arm.

"Yeah, sure." Dean replied half-heartedly, looking over at a closet in the hallway.

"Hey, Vanessa, how about we, ya know... go in there for a bit?" Dean said cheekily.

Vanessa smiled flirtatiously as they made their way to the closet. Dean closed the door and planted several kisses on Vanessa's neck. She giggled and pulled him closer. This continued for quite some time, when all of a sudden-

"Hello, Dean."

Dean and Vanessa both jumped. Dean wearily shifted through some boxes in the closet.

"What the- Who the hell is in here!?"

behind the boxes sat Castiel, knees tucked up and clutching a book.

"Castiel!? What are you doing here?" Dean stammered.

"I was reading." He replied.

Dean laughed.

"Dude, you could've spoke up earlier. Are you some kind of pervert or something?"

Castiel tilted his head to the side slightly out of confusion. Dean couldn't help noticing how adorable that head tilt was. He shook off the thought and turned around. Vanessa had left. Dean sighed.

"Jees, you really embarrassed her you know that?"

Castiel sat quietly.

"I apologise, Dean. I should leave." Cas said stoically.

"What? Dude no, stay. Do you even have any lunch?"

Castiel shook his head.

"C'mon, let me buy you something."

Castiel squinted his eyes at Dean, was this some kind of trick? Did Dean really want to be friends with him?

"Hurry up Cas, lunch break doesn't last forever." Dean said while dragging Castiel out of the closet by his sleeve

Castiel's blue orbs widened. He thought to himself,

Did he just call me Cas?