𝚗𝚎𝚞𝚏

LOVE LOCK, ƙαɾʅ ʝαƈσႦʂ

"How was your feast day?" Ellie joked over FaceTime with Karl as she made her morning coffee

"Thanksgiving was good, my grandma wouldn't leave me alone about you." His mom must have told his grandma about Ellie, he wouldn't be surprised if she did. Karl told his mom about Ellie constantly, and she was so happy for her son, now all she wanted to do was meet this girl.

"Really? That's so sweet."

"It's like my family thinks we're dating or something." She laughed along with his comment but felt a little weary about it. Was it really such an abstract thought to him, because Ellie thought about the idea constantly.

Why did I say that? He thought to himself. Now she either thinks he was weird to tell his family about her in the first place or he seems uninterested in the idea, which he certainly wasn't.

"Not that, that's bad or anything I just- you know- we're like not so it's just-" He struggled to undo his previous statement which Ellie smiled at. He could've just felt bad for what he said or maybe he did want his family to think that, or rather know that.

"Karl, it's fine. Pretty much twice a day I get a text from my dad asking how you are." Karl really liked the fact that Ellie's dad liked him. In all the movies and tv shows, it was always really important to get your girlfriend's dad to like you, and that fact that he had already done that gave him a little confidence.

"Ellie, I want to meet you." He changed the subject out of nowhere. He just remembered what Chris said to him the other day : Got to face your fears at some point.

"Umm, what do you mean?"

"Like in real life, I wanna meet you and hang out, unless you don't want to cause then I don't want to."

"No, I wanna meet you too, in real life."

"When can we meet?"

"The borders are still closed but I'm pretty sure they're gonna open them in the new year."

"So I have to wait till next year to meet you?"

"You're lucky I didn't hang up on you for that one." The two ended their call after a few more minutes of laughing about some nonsense. She wasn't lying when she told him she wanted to meet him in real life, but that didn't mean she wasn't scared.

What if he didn't like her after meeting her? What if he thought she was ugly? What if she wasn't what he wanted?

Ellie joined the call without saying anything not wanting to interrupt a conversation. Quackity invited her to join a jackbox stream of his with Karl, Dream, George, Sapnap, Bad, and Corpse.