I hate u

"Christopher McKays father demanded excellence

"Christopher McKays father demanded excellence."

"As much as he hated his father for the pressure he put on him, he knew that it was because he was special, because he had a gift, because he saw something in him that could one day lead to greatness."

"The truth was, McKay was shy, but winning gave him confidence. And that confidence was the result of his dad's beliefs. Routine. Routine. Routine. He was recruited to play division one football at the state college, thirty miles from his house. He began to imagine life in the NFL."

"He knew he was smarter than most football players, and that he would take the money he earned and invest it wisely. He would use it to build an empire. And then he got college, and he realized everyone on the team was as good as him, if not better. He spent all of preseason on the bench. When the offensive coordinator would break down plays, he'd find his mind wondering, trying to do the odds of him going pro. If there were one hundred and twenty nine D1 teams and eighty five players per team, that made him one ten thousand nine hundred and sixty five."

"And he realized he didn't stand a chance of going pro. But at the same time, he started dating Cassie."

"And as stupid as it sounds, he fell in love with her. That's probably what was getting in the way. Cassie is all he ever thought about, and those fucking photos and that fucking video. He just couldn't understand how she could have so little respect for herself. But the thing that really pissed him off was when she'd play dumb about it, like at the carnival."

"I mean, even her moth said it."

"But she also liked the way she made him feel. And he liked the way she dressed, to a certain point. But it's not like he would say anything, he wasn't like possessive. And he liked how she'd walk in the room, and every guy would turn their head."

"That's what made it fun."

"They were jealous of him, because she was his."

"Every time I feel good, I think it'll last forever."

"But it doesn't."

"Daniel was throwing a party."

"Cassie was very proud of her costume. In fact, she had worn it last night, too."

Sitting down at the vanity and staring at myself in the mirror I thought after what had happened that night at the hotel I would feel different, that I would feel better but, I don't if anything I just feel worse. Hearing a knock at my door and seeing my mom and dad peak their heads in.

"Look at our beautiful princess."

"Dad come on, I'm sixteen, you don't have to call me princess anymore." My mom looks at me with concern "sweetie are sure you should be going out tonight?"