Bryleanna the Leader

I awoke on the cold floor with the sweet autumn breeze filling the room, everyone still sleeping, I walked to the window and looked out at the rising sun, hoping, wishing that my friends would save us, I knew everyone could see the toll leading took on me and so they started to take control of different situations, I stood there looking at the ravaged land before me but I also saw the beautiful rising sun as Holden walked over placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled, "They'll be here. Don't worry about it." His youthful smile shone through and always cheered me and the others up, he pulled out a picture of our group before the apocalypse happened, I regretted the drama and remembered the fun days, I looked over to Bryan in the picture, I frowned and thought of him smiling, "Rest easy old friend..." I said quietly, before Holden tucked the photo into his pocket as the others woke up and started to shake off the morning drowsiness. Everyone had a determined look on their faces that let me know they would hold out for even longer than they said. "Home check!" we heard from outside, I opened the door to see that plump man who had kindly shown us around standing there, he entered the house and didn't look at anything, he pulled out a radio, "Everything is okay in house sector B." his plump happy face had a serious look without a hint of happiness. Everyone calmed themselves and watched the man walk out of the room. On the back of his jacket, the name Xavier was printed in slick letters. I turned to the others when he closed the door, we set to work on getting everything we needed packed up, I knew Clay and the others would come soon. I looked outside to see Luis laughing as he ran down the road towards the walls, I dropped my bag in disbelief as the thought that the others might be dead, I looked sadly as Luis ran for the walls, but I couldn't believe what I saw next, after 4 days of waiting, the others walked over the hill not far behind Luis, Clay took off running for Luis, his joy of chasing down an enemy shown in the way he moved, swiftly dodging any obstacles in his path and eventually catching up and kicking Luis to the ground. "Serpent's Fist! I have Luis, now where are my people?!" He shouted to the walls, We flew out the door without wasting a second and ran right for Clay, I heard a gunshot and heard Holden's body thud on the ground, I looked back as my eyes widened and filled with tears, Ian filled with rage and sorrow looked at the walls to see the very man who wanted to help them had shot their friend, "Xavier! We trusted you!" I screamed, Daisie, Briar, Lemarcus, and Andrew swiftly caught up to us, Daisie dropped to her knees next to Holden's corpse in disbelief, she started to cry. I looked at Clay who was now looking at the ground, "Please give us our people." he said loud but softly his voice trembling, he kicked Luis to the wall. I walked with the others cautiously towards Clay as the guards lowered their guns, Luis was pulled inside and we were let go, we brought Holden's body with us so that we could bury him, as we got closer I saw Clay smiling, it infuriated me he could smile at this very moment, everything made sense as I saw Savannah had snuck away from the walls and back to the group, "We have thirty seconds, go, go, go!" she exclaimed, we ran and in the distance all I had heard was a loud explosion, "No! Yin and Yang are in there!" Briar exclaimed, Lemarcus and Andrew walked over to Briar, "We found them on the way to the house, don't worry we got them on our backs." Lemarcus had said softly bending down to let Yin off his back, Yang hopped down from Andrew's back. Everyone was together again, except for Holden and Bryan, our dear friends. We got back to our new place that we were laying low at so that we could gather our stuff before raiding the Serpent's Fists obliterated home, and I had told Clay, "Ian found a bunker there it had guns, bullets, gas masks, tear gas, and some hand grenades, we also stuck the stuff that we found into a safe spot in the bunker but we put the grenades and gas masks in Holden's bag and we left it down there." Clay said, "Ok so if we ever get in trouble there we have a place to fall back to good work." I turned and said to Clay, "So now this safe-house is not big enough for everybody and we can not go back to heaven's gate." Clay smiled and confidently said, "We will spend the night here and we will look for a good spot to lay down for a while sometime tomorrow we will find our new home...."