Sacrifices

The group awoke suddenly to the sounds of guns firing, people screaming, and a scratching moaning from draggers. Clay jumped up out of bed to get ready and grabbed his Equipment. Jake came flying down from the south wall with a group of people, the other three boys did not recognize. Jake shouted, "We need to move into the main lobby now!" Clay, Zacc, and Nick followed him without hesitation as Ian asked frantically, "What's going on?!" Jake turned with a cold look in his eyes, "They breached the wall. That's what's going on." Jake said angrily. Everyone got into position as the deafening sound of gun fire filled the air. There were just too many but they held on until they were running low on ammo as Trey yelled, "FALL BACK!" Jake and a few others held their position to kill most of them, as they walked backwards one of the people in Trey's group fell, a dragger grabbed him, pulling him into the group of draggers. Jake and the others used that time to unload on the draggers while they were business with their prey. When all seemed lost Jake remembered the grenade from his belt he got from the bunker, pulling the pin, he yelled, "Get to the atvs!" Clay nodded and said, "Jake's right let's go we can come back." As they turned to run Clay saw Jake there on the ground while his left arm was getting devoured and the pin to the grenade on the floor Jake nodded his head and closed his eyes. Clay's eyes widened as he saw his friend getting devoured, unable to move as his world stood still. The others heard screaming from the old gym they had hopped in their atvs, as they left they saw the building blow up. Clay, solemnly walking away from the building bleeding from his arms, chest, back, and legs, while he was battered he cried knowing Jake did not die in vain. They got back to the bunker and held a funeral for Jake, beast came out of his room looking for Jake with his ears down. Everyone gave him a pat on the head then, beast layed down and started to whimper. A girl from Jake's new group who was with him was crying as she punched Clay, "How could you let him die?!" she exclaimed, "He saved me.. He threw me out of the way of a dragger, he sat there enduring the pain in his arm, he told me to run." Clay replied with tears forming in his eyes, "Jake doesn't save others he saves only himself!" she exclaimed, Clay looked up to see she was wearing Jake's old jacket. Her wrist held a bracelet with her name on it. Katherine Smith.