The Start

Two hours before the outbreak hit this group was just the everyday friend group that would crack each other up with stupid jokes and accidental funny moments without a thought in their minds that they would soon be fighting draggers, which were flesh eating undead creatures. They all were having the best day of their lives when the disaster struck, "I can't believe that we all got selected to go on a trip to Universal studios!" Luis exclaimed happily, he was an average sized kid with mixed skin, brown eyes, and black hair, "Calm down, you sound like a fangirl." Holden laughed, he was a rather tall kid with a bulky build, light brown hair, and brown eyes. Clay was an average height boy with long brown hair on the top, and has amber eyes, he looked around smiling when all of a sudden, one of the students came running at the group with crazed eyes and pale skin chomping his teeth together, "Woah what's wrong with you?!" Daisie exclaimed, she was an average height female with light pink hair and blue eyes, as she dodged the raging student. "Oh my..." Bryleanna said as she looked in horror at the outside world where people were running away from others who were just like the student attacking the group at that moment, Bryleanna was a tall girl with very dark brown hair and piercing brown eyes, "Guys! A bunch of the other students are eating one another!?" Bry yelled, Bry was a short individual with blonde hair and blue eyes as deep as the ocean, he looked around as Clay kicked a student who ran at him, "We need to go, NOW!" Clay yelled. The group ran down the hall looking for a safe place when a sign of a house was seen hanging in front of one of the classes and Savannah knocked frantically, Savannah was an average height girl with multicolored hair and hazel eyes, when Ian opened the door, Ian was a average height boy with long brown hair and ocean blue eyes, "Quick get inside." he whispered. Clay was the last to enter as he kicked a student out the window, who looked just like the others who had gone crazy.

"Ian, do you know what's going on?!" Clay exclaimed, "Yea. You know all the sci-fi novels you read?" Ian asked, "Yea what about them?" Clay replied with a frightened look, "Think back to the Walking Dead, or The Rot, that is the most similar to what is happening now." Ian said seriously, their whole world had changed. Everyone stood still with silence filling the room when Bryleanna broke the silence, "Then what are we doing standing around here for we need supplies," she had a determined look to keep everyone safe, "Clay, gather the fastest people in the class you can be our runners, we need y'all to get supplies." Bryleanna finished, "I need Luis, he is decent, Savannah we need your weapons expertise, Eric you're an athlete so you're a definite, and last but not least, Eli Alexander we need you for your heightened sense of hearing." Clay stood and said, they geared up in protective equipment like masks and backpacks to carry the supplies, "If you see a dead one call out the word Dragger." Eli said, and just like that the runner corp was formed as they left out the door, Daisie had a look of untrust towards Luis who had the eyes of a traitor.

The runner corp made their way undetected through the school and ran several miles to the Walmart, "Dragger to the right." Eli whispered, Clay then jumped out and kicked the dragger to the ground then Luis finished it off, "We're here, stay together and be alert." Luis saw a dragger and his first instinct was to run ahead when Eric ran after him to catch him so he wouldn't die, "Stop!" Clay said in a hushed yell, Luis smirked when no one could see his face, and a dragger jumped out at Eric and started to feed on him, "Eric!" Clay yelled, when Clay caught up and took care of the dragger he looked at Luis with rage, "I-I couldn't do anything..." Luis said with a sad tone but everyone knew something was wrong with him, Clay kicked the dragger's head off, "Let's bury Eric sometime today wrap him in those tarps right there." Clay said solemnly, they wrapped Eric up as a few draggers swarmed them, they collected supplies while the swarm kept getting larger and larger, when Luis hit Eli in the arm, causing Eli to yell in pain which caused draggers to swarm faster, this sent Clay into a rage with a flurry of kicks to the draggers, "Everyone take Eric and go!" he yelled, but got no reply when he looked everyone was on the ground lying there lifelessly, except Savannah and Luis who were fighting for their lives when Luis got free he helped Savannah then ran without a second thought about Clay, when they came to a break in the road near some draggers he kicked Savannah's knee and ran leaving her to die while running with the supplies all the way back to the school. He made his way back to the classroom to the others, his eyes full of fake tears, "The others.... Didn't ma-" he tried to say as Clay kicked him to the ground, "You backstabbing piece of crap." his voice full of anger, then Savannah came into view with a look of disgust, "We could have all survived..." she lifted her gun, "We have no need for people like you..." was the last words Luis heard before he opened his eyes to himself surrounded by people who once thought of him as a friend who now thought of him as a killer, they then gave him food and water and forced him out of the school, when he looked down he was bleeding from the shot to the side, then he walked into the darkness disappearing from sight with revenge on his mind.

The silence was deadly as it filled the room when suddenly a junior named Lamarcus Hickman kicked in the door followed by the remaining members of the baseball team, "Survivors?!" Lamarcus yelled in question and a hint of happiness, "Seems Clay and Zacc are here as well," Andrew started as he entered the room, "Any word from Eric?" he finished, Clay looked down with sorrow, "He died.." Clay said quietly, "Oh." Andrew replied solemnly, as a kid named Jake walked in the room, "Lamarcus we got a problem in the front lobby!" he yelled, Jake was an average boy, with buzzed hair and blue eyes, he would also risk anything for his friends, "Draggers spotted near the gym as well!" A kid behind Jake had said his short posture and red hair let everyone identify him as Caleb Ragland, people thought he was a little annoying but all knew he was a good kid. Just as this group was packing up a dragger got a hold of Caleb and bit him, Jake soccer kicked the dragger in the gut splitting it in half before stomping its head in, "Caleb, you were bit." Ian said, "That's not bad right? Right?!" he replied frantically, "We don't know yet." Clay replied coldly, "We'll have to find out." At that moment Lamarcus and Andrew held Caleb to a desk while Clay and Jake tied him up, they waited for hours boarding up and defending the classroom when Caleb drooped his head all they could hear was a low grumble, "Caleb?" Jake questioned, Caleb started to chomp his teeth and flung his head up his eyes a pale grey, he snarled and chomped, he turned before their very eyes, Clay didn't hesitate to put him out of his misery with a swift movement of his hands in which he held a bat, "Poor dude." he said with sadness.

Everyone sat in silence and terror, Clay looked to the others, "We have to survive, and to do that we need to leave the school and find a place to house us all." Jake then replied, "There are some big houses just down the street we might be able to hold up there." The rest of the group all nodded in agreement and left the school by sneaking through the side doors of the music wing on the way out, Savannah spray-painted the words "Dead inside" on the doors as a warning to others. On the way they saw signs of Luis but not his body so they thought he had the same idea, then they arrived in the neighborhood and picked the biggest house they could and cleared out the leftover draggers Jake uppercutted one's head clean off his body while Clay decapitated the other one with a kick. The house was full of supplies like food and water, but no guns. They started to board up the house until they found the basement which held more food to last a few months. "We have enough food to last through the winter at least but eventually we need to find weapons and expand our territory." Bryleanna assessed, Jake then replied "Tractor Supply should have seeds for gardening and some things we can use and it is only a few blocks away." Clay adds "This sounds like a good idea but we have 5 bullets in Savannah gun so it would be risky we will think about in the morning you guys sleep in the basement I will stand guard and make sure nothing gets in."

Clay heard a loud thud from the Attic so he grabs a flashlight and some new batteries from the cabinet then goes to investigate. In the dark room he can see what fell over. It was a big lamp and it looked old but saw nothing so he checked all the spaces up there and found nothing. In the morning Jake, Savannah, Holden, Bryleanna, Bry, and Briar were eating breakfast before deciding if it was worth going to the Tractor Supply right by the school. Clay woke up and the group filled Clay in and they chose to scope it out on the outside to make sure it's safe and make sure there are no survivors or draggers going in or out, only Clay and Jake went on this runner trip.

They lay there waiting for three hours and nothing changed so they said it was probably ok, when a loud scream pierced the air and could be heard close by and coming around the corner were 5 draggers and a random dude as he screamed in pain, the draggers dragged him inside and out of sight. The boys started to run back to the house but not before Clay roundhouse kicked a few draggers first. At the house Lamarcus, Andrew, Ian, and Zacc woke up. Zacc asked Clay and Jake "Where were you guys at?" The two boys stood side by side as Jake said, "The draggers were everywhere, we couldn't step foot inside, it is way too dangerous for now. I guess you could say it was sort of a drag." he quipped at the end, everyone gave him a stupid look right before chuckles escaped their lips, this was the beginning of their journey and they just found their new home, as they settled life became a little too easy for them.