Chapter 23

Yo! Would y'all want a sequel? I need to know so I can decide on an ending. Or would y'all want me to write another Derek x Neko book???

------------------------------------------

Chapter 23

------------------------------------------

Derek's POV

------------------------------------------

I watched as she had an internal battle with herself, shaking her head and struggling to keep her body from doing what it's told. The old man turned to her with a furious face.

"Did you not hear me?!" He asked in a sinister voice. He watched her struggle with herself, then scoffed. "I knew having two souls in one body would create complications."

He started waving his hands in weird ways, making circular motions. All of a sudden, brown light streamed from the trees surrounding the area and into the mark on Jesse's forehead. When the light stopped, I watched as the trees slowly turned black and old, and then fell over dead. Realization of what he just did hit me. He was using natures life force to control all these innocent creatures.

I turned my head back towards Jesse. Instead of seeing the fight in her eyes, I saw complete murderous rage. I took a slow step back and she took one forward, like a predator stalking it's prey. Fear started coursing through my veins and the wind started blowing, causing the jacket I was wearing to fan out behind me like a cape. When the wind died down and my jacket fell back at my sides, I felt something solid and weighty in my pockets hit me. That's when I remembered, I still had the liquid adrenaline.

Hope surged through my veins. I still have a chance at saving her! I need to get close enough to shove it down her mouth.

Jesse started growling, knocking me away from my thoughts to see she was less than six feet away now. Her claws dug into the ground and left scape marks in the dirt with every step she took. Her lips were peeled back showing her teeth, and she was snarling at me. I just stood there. I wasn't going to hurt her, not ever. Not even when she's crazy, like right now.

I stuck my hand in my pocket and wrapped the vial of liquid adrenaline in my hand, taking it from my pocket. I will save you, Jesse, even if you kill me. And with that, I opened my mouth to speak.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked/taunted, getting a roar from her as she crouched down before jumping at me. My eyes widened as she landed right on top of me, sending me sprawled on my back with her over the top of me.

She opened her mouth and started snapping at my face. My arms went to her furry chest to push her away, so I would not get bit. But, she was relentless, merciless, and put most of her weight on me and continued to try biting my face.

Then I realized, this was the best chance I was going to get. Using one hand to keep her from biting me, I brought the other up just as she opened her mouth. While her mouth was still open, I opened the vile using my teeth, and then shoved the arm holding the vile down her throat.

Her jaws came back down, clamping around my arm, and I let out a scream of pain. Blood started to soak through my shirt sleeve as I looked into her eyes. What I saw wasn't the murdering blood thirsty beast from a couple seconds ago. It was eyes of sadness and heartbreak. It was in that instant, that I knew that the liquid adrenaline worked.

I removed my arm from her chest and relaxed against the ground as we just stared at each other for a little bit. A tear fell from her eye and landed on my cheek as she released my arm from her jaws, letting it fall limp against my side. I gave her a small smile and lifted my uninjured arm to her cat ears and began rubbing. All was right in this moment, but it didn't last long.

We heard a screech of anger, causing both of us to turn our heads in its direction. The old man looked furious and down right crazy.

"What have you done!" He yelled. He then started conjuring up more magic and life force from the surrounding woods. I knew then that I didn't have much time.

I turned my head back to Jesse. "Jesse, can you hear me?" I asked. She looked back at me and nodded in response. "You can fight this! You and that other guy with you, Felix, are strong enough to fight this. I know you are. And I'll stay right here because I love you." I finished. I watched her eyes widen at the confession and then happiness filled them. I smiled at her and then kissed the fur on her forehead, next to the mark.

I pulled away when I felt her body shift to see even more magic going into the mark on her head. Her eyes weren't filled with happiness anymore. They were cruel, lifeless, and dead. Seeing such dark eyes scared me, but I'm not leaving her. I promised I wouldn't leave her ever, so I refuse too.

So instead I braced my arms back on her chest as she lurched forward once again, trying to bite into the flesh of my throat. The only problem was that now she had more power, and my arms caved under her weight.

I was stunned. Too stunned to make a sound as she dug her fangs into my shoulder with ease. I didn't even feel the pain until a couple second after and even then, I didn't make a sound, nor did she retract her fangs from my skin.

Time just seemed to stop as we both just sat there and didn't move.

------------------------------------------

Updated!!!

Vote and comment??!!

Only a couple chapters left.