006

ICE POPS
————-
W h y C a n ' t W e B e F r i e n d s - ♫

"BELIEVE THAT YOU DESERVE ALL TH GOODS IN THE WORLD AND IT WILL COME TO YOU"
__________
At lunch that day
p r e s e n t

q u i l l i o n
—————-

It was all so draining to act like everything was okay. Watching her walk on campus wishing I could just talk to her. Wishing I could tell her the funny shit I saw today. Wishing I could do share every single thought I had with her. As I was walking I felt someone grip my shoulder turning me around. I came face to face with Gasira with a mean mug on her face. "What did you do?" I looked at her in confusion, making her sigh. "In New Orleans. What did you do so bad that caused you to leave New Orleans?" I looked at her and scoffed. "So just a couple of hours ago you didn't want to hear shit from me, but now all of the sudden you want to hear what I got to say? What happened in New Orleans stays in New Orleans right?" I rolled my eyes about to walk off but she grabbed my arms tight making me bump into her body. I was staring down into her brown eyes seeing the emotion she was holding in. "I deserve answers Q. You went missing and I needed you. When you needed me I was there, but where were you? You just up and left me wit no explanation." I sighed, running my fingers through my locs. "I didn't leave for no reason tinker, I left for the protection of you and Amaru, not to hurt you."
"Remember the last two motherfucka's who left trying to get protect me, where they at?"

"Well, I ain't yah dead beat parents Gasira. You had family other than your parents. I didn't," I said sternly. She clenched her jaw and pointed at herself,"You had me Quillion! If you didn't have a family you had me."
"And I left you to save you from the consequences of my actions."
"Quill what the hell does that mean?"
"Did you want to end up on a t-shirt? All three of us dead and gone?"
She froze and looked at me. "What did you get yourself into maine? What? What is it?.... Did you kill someone?"
I clenched my jaw looking down at the ground not wanting to disappoint her.

Looking back on this conversation I wish I didn't go as hard as I did on him. I only say that because what Quill was protecting me from knowing was something anyone would protect their friend from knowing. I was jut low key being a bitch for all the years he missed. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss talking to him but damn was my pride in the way of that. He knew I already hated him but he knew I hated him even more at that time.

I looked up at her feeling myself wanting to cry but I didn't because I knew if I would....she would.

'JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE..

She looked at me with this concerned look as I just stared down at her seeing the fear in her brown eyes. She reached her hand out to touch my face and I shook my head. "Gasira please don't pity me because of what you know."
"Quillion I'm not trying to pity you. I want to understand you. Shit, it's been three years, you've changed."
"And so have you Tinker. You've changed in a good way. Me? Not so much." She took a step back taking a deep breath. "Us being cordial isn't going to work if I don't know what you've been hiding from me. You know you can't protect me from everything right?"
"I know I can't. I can only control myself. And all by myself, I am trouble. What type of best friend or first love would I be if I kept you around me when somebody wants my head? Exactly, so now it's obvious you don't want shit to do with me unless I tell you. And you're honestly not ready to hear all of that. So till you ready to accept the secrets that come with me and let me tell my story when I'm ready how about you just let me have your back like your brother wants me to." She blew air out her mouth. "I guess I can respect that....sorry about earlier. I was already pissed from breakfast because Jason was acting weird and I lashed out on you." I chuckled.