Chapter 4: B.J.A.C. - Blow Jobs and Complications.

"Those guys didn't look nice," says Taehyung.

"They didn't," you agree with a nod.

"So," he begins slowly. "Why did you lie?"

Your heart drops wondering what lie he's talking about. The one about you having never seen Kim Taehyung or as those sketchy guys called him. "Paul Kim." Or that you're married to him. You play it cool, decide not to show your hand, and simply ask, "lie?"

See simple. Non-commital. That's how you're going to survive this. How you're going to get away with it and keep him close to you.

"You told them about your husband but didn't tell them it was me," Taehyung says.

"Well, they were lying," you counter. "Paul Kim was out hiking during a snowstorm and could have stumbled onto my property that is miles away from any hiking trails?"

"Yes, that does seem a stretch if I'm in BTS," he says.

"You are in BTS," you insist.

Taehyung smiles, "I know. What I don't know is why all the framed pictures of me in this house seem to only be of me and BTS... while all of your pictures are of you and other people..."

Shiiiiit. The smile doesn't leave your mouth, your expression stays perfectly in place like you have no cares in the world but you are panicked. Part of you is happy for the photo cards you got framed and displayed around the house. The other part of you is embarrassed and a bit guilty that this is coming out. You are panicked, feeling like you're caught, and maybe that you deserve to be punished at least a little bit.

"Our wedding pictures haven't been sent," you tell him.

"Yet?! How long ago did we get married?"

"A little over a year ago right before my dad died," You tell him. "We did it sort of unofficially. We couldn't get a license in time, but we wanted my dad to walk me down the aisle. A friend of mine is a budding photographer and we did the silly thing of hiring her to do the pictures. I'm not sure if she hasn't sent them because she's a perfectionist or if she's embarrassed."

Taehyung laughs, you laugh with him.

"Hold on, I just realized...your property?" Taehyung asks, suddenly, switching the topic quicker than your brain can keep up with. "Not our property?"

Fuck. Good catch. He's smart and you have to remember that and stay on top of slips like that. You're supposed to be speak in "we" and "us" like other married people.

"My dad left us this place. It was my childhood home, so you insisted I keep it in only my name," you tell him, hoping that seems reasonable to an amnesiac who has never been married.

Well, you think he's never been married. There have always been rumors like the one about Namjoon hiding a wife and kids. Relief floods you as Taehyung nods as if he buys it, or at the very least that answer seems reasonable to him.

"I seem...a stand-up guy," he says.

"You are. The best," you agree.

"I see... that's why you married me," he says and your heart capsizes.

Wow, you are turning out to be pretty good at lying even if you weren't sure about it before. But your heart races hard. Are you going to hell for using your father's death to solidify your lie? Is this going too far? the lie is getting too big. V is wrapping the loose strings of his identity around him and as of now, his identity is you.

You think about the guys who came looking for international superstar Kim Taehyung.

"Who do you think those guys were?" you ask Taehyung to change the subject, you're still worried by how sketchy they were, how easily they lied, and that they know Taehyung is in the area. How do they know that? Why are they lying about his identity and his worried parents? BTS tries their best to keep their families out of the spotlight and sometimes it works and other times not so much. Still you're sure it's not his real parents looking for him.