INTRODUCTION!

WINIFRED 'WINNIE' Barnett met Stick Goldstein in kindergarten when she noticed a bully being mean to him so she went over and punched the bully in the nose

WINIFRED 'WINNIE' Barnett met Stick Goldstein in kindergarten when she noticed a bully being mean to him so she went over and punched the bully in the nose. Winnie knew Stick didn't deserve to be bullied and so she stood up for him. Stick was amazed that she did that for him and since then the two have been the best of friends. They knew each other better than they know themselves and always have each others backs. 

People constantly tell the two best friends that they're so good together. Some even think they're a couple because of how close they are, but they always reply with 'we're just friends'. Stick has had a crush on Winnie ever since he knew what a crush is. He thought he was doing a good job at denying and hiding his feelings for Winnie, but his friends disagree. His feelings for Winnie are obvious how he wears out every excuse just to spend some time with her and would literally do anything for her. Over the past year Stick had enough of hiding his feelings and was annoyed and amazed by the fact that Winnie still hasn't caught on yet. It hurts Stick to be in the friendzone because he wants nothing more than to be in a relationship with Winnie. But being best friends with Winnie is better than nothing.

What he doesn't know is that Winnie likes him. She always has, but it takes her longer to realize her romantic feelings for him than it did for Stick. The thing is that she is oblivious to Stick's feelings for her. Even when Stick tried flirting with her a few times (key word is tried. he often stumbled over his words a lot and was nervous the whole time). It's not her fault for not realizing Stick was flirting with her. Stick wasn't doing the best job at flirting and Winnie has never been flirted with. She also has never been in a relationship before so she doesn't know what that's all like. She had noticed how he's been acting weirder than normal, but she just thought he was being nice and a bit weirder than normal.

Stick knows he'll probably never have a chance with Winnie considering the fact that she's on the football team and he's just the equipment manager. Winnie is way out of his league. And he realized he'll never get used to being nervous because he'll never get used to her perfect. But all it took for the two best friends to confess their feelings to each other was them getting into a fight and locked in a closest.

OR