CHAPTER ELEVEN, fall ball

The Fall Ball was just around the corner and Winnie was anxious and nervous. She didn't really like going to dances or parties and stuff like that, but she didn't want to be the only one who didn't go. Although she knew if she asked Stick if they could stay at her house or his and just cuddle and watch movies, she knew he would most likely prefer to do that. But she also didn't really go to dances or parties much and part of her wanted to go. She hadn't been to one in so long she forgot what it was like.

She had already found a dress and she was happy with her choice. Her dress was a red and it had a small train to it. The shoulders of the dress were sparkles, the sparkles are on the top half of the back of the dress as well. There was also almost like a belt made of sparkles in the middle of the dress. She wore a matching sparkle bracelet, dark red lip stick and her hair was curled.

Her nails were painted red to match the dress and for the shoes she wore red converse. She decided against heels since she had no clue how to walk in them and didn't want to look dumb trying. She had never really wore heels and was glad she didn't have to.

She was now at Ashley's place since she and the others were meeting there before the Fall Ball. She remembered hearing from Brooke that she had hoped Reese would be able to be in town for her to ask him to the Fall Ball, but Reese couldn't visit at the moment, apparently too caught up with classes. Brooke didn't know that was a lie. Reese had planned on showing up to surprise Brooke.

"Honey, are you ready?" Valerie calls out to her daughter. "You gotta head over to Ashley's soon to meet with the others."

Winnie was finishing up with getting ready. She had her dress and shoes on along with the jewelry. She was checking her makeup to make sure it was good and was happy with her results. She smiled, grabbing her red colored clutch and left her room. She walked down the stairs, chuckling and smiling shyly at seeing the looks of awe on her parents faces.

"I'm ready finally." She admitted.

"Look at you! You're so beautiful." Valerie gushes, her eyes lighting up. "Stick is going to be at a loss of words when he sees you. Oh, my baby is growing up."

"Mom." Winnie whined, her cheeks heating up.

"Don't 'mom' me. It's my job as a mom to embarrass you." Valerie grins, pulling her daughter into a hug. "You look amazing, baby. Don't forget to have fun tonight. And, of course, call us if you need anything and be safe."

"I will, mom." Winnie reassured, smiling at her mother.

"I hate how fast you're growing up." Preston sighs, hugging his daughter. "But I'm happy you have Stick and he treats you right. I like him. And, like your mother said, have fun tonight. Not too much fun though."

"Dad." Winnie groans, pulling away from the hug and shaking her head. She sighs with relief when the doorbell rings. She was glad the subject would be changed.

Valerie opened the door and was surprised when she saw Stick. He had his hands shoved into his pockets, his shoulders were tense, but when he spotted Winnie standing by her dad, his breath was taken away. Winnie was smiling brightly at him as she blushed and it took him a moment to compose himself and remember how to breathe. She looked like a literal Goddess in red.

"Stick! Don't you look lovely!" Valerie commented, smiling at Stick. She stepped to the side, letting the boy inside and she closed the door.

"Thank you, Valerie." He looks back at Winnie, his breath taken away once again. "Wow." He breaths out, his face heating up and his hands felt sweaty. He felt like a complete mess and he felt like he should have brought Winnie flowers or something. Did he go with the right suit? He had no idea what to wear and he was even so desperate for help he asked Ashley and then Brooke for help. They both had agreed on this suit. "You look stunning."