Chapter 10: The Betrayed Vampirette

NARRATOR POV

Since the tar level, they had advanced 50 levels deeper. Because they did not have a sense of time there, they did not know how much time had passed. But the progress they were making was being done in an astonishing speed.

During that time, they were in a desperate struggle, well Hajime was. The Countless times they had encountered stronger demons, Jin and Emiliana would stand off to the side and let Hajime battle for his life.

For example, one level had a thin poisonous fog covering the whole floor. If he didn't drink his "Potion", he would have died just from being on that level.

He would have died if he didn't consume the "Potion" in his molar. Hajime had placed a small chewable container behind his molars that contained "Potion".

While Hajime had almost died from the poison fog. Jin had used his Wind Blast to clear a path for himself through the fog and Emiliana used Shadow Form to just move through the fog unaffected by the poison.

There was also a floor that looked like a dense forest, how it came to be in an underground labyrinth puzzled them. Emiliana thought this was the most unpleasant place so far because of its extremely hot temperature and dense humidity. The demons of this level were huge centipedes and sentient trees.

When they were traversing the jungle, a huge centipede suddenly fell from atop the trees. Emiliana felt sick at the sight of it and developed goose bumps on her whole body. Each time a section was hit, it would separate. After seeing that she refused to fight or even go near a centipede.

The tree demons were like Treants from RPG games. Its underground roots would thrust out from the ground and vines acted as whips for them.

 However, the biggest feature of the treants was not these trivial attacks. When they were in a pinch, they would hurl the red fruits that littered their heads. There was not any offensive ability to it, but Emiliana thought to try it out. She was rigid for a few dozen minutes. It was not poison. The fruit was insanely delicious. Sweet and fresh the red fruit was comparable to a watermelon. Not an apple.

Emilana's eyes were completely of a hunter, her prey was these treants. After she was satisfied they continued their journey, though the treant-like demons almost went extinct.

They were inside the base Hajime created for this 50th level. Hajime was stacking up his training for his transmutation, firearm technology, and kicks. Even though they had discovered the next stairs, they did not take them. Because they had discovered a foreign area on this level.

The space around the area was eerie. At the end of this side area was a solemn majestic double door about 3m in height. On the flanks of the doors were two one-eyed giant sculptures enshrined into the walls; only their upper bodies were sculpted it seemed.

Temporarily they had a dangerous feeling about this. They did not have the intention to avoid this and prepared their weapons.

Jin for the first time was feeling anticipation and unpleasantness at the same time. If he opened the door, he was sure that a disaster was waiting to meet them. However, a new wind blew into this Dungeon.

Hajime: As if it was Pandora's box...I wonder what aspiration it contained.

They came to the rooms with the door and advanced. Without incident, they arrived at the door. More and more wonderful decorations could be seen on the door as they neared. At the center, two magic formations were drawn in the recesses.

Hajime: I don't understand. I've studied a lot, but I have never seen these formulas.

While guessing, Hajime examined the door, but he was not able to understand anything new.