No Second Chances: Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2 IS UP GUYS!

Chapter 2:

I groaned and stretched, accidentally smacking Damon in the face in the process. He just groaned in response.

“Wake up, Sleepyhead,” I told him, “We have to pick Marina up from Tony’s and take her to school. It’s her first day of the new year.”

“Too tired,” he mumbled, burying his face in his pillow.

I trailed my fingers from his neck all the way down his back, and as I trailed across his ass I felt him jump.

I laughed, “That woke you, now let’s get up.”

“Tease.”

“We can shower together,” I said, smirking. 

He jumped up fast and ran into the bathroom before I could even get up.

I followed him in, turning on the water.

Damon pulled up in front of Tony’s house and pressed on the horn. I watched out the window for her as he drummed on the steering wheel in beat to the song on the radio.

A minute later Marina flew out of the house, her pink backpack on her back and her dark hair flying in the wind.

“Mooomm!” She called when she was halfway down the driveway. I unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed out in time for her to fly into my arms.

“Hey, Sweetie. Did you have a good time?” I asked, kissing the top of her head, “Why do you suddenly have bangs?” I asked, my eyes narrowing and my fingers twisting the bangs on her forehead.

“Mooom!” she whined, “Uncle Tony set the kitchen on fire last night! He told me not to tell you and he gave me a bunch of gum to be quiet, but then it all got stuck in my hair. So he took me to get it cut out.”

My mouth dropped open, “He what?”

“Oh and we watched Vampire Diaries and ate pickles!”

“Stay here,” I told her, before I headed up the driveway to Tony’s house.

“Honey!” I heard Damon hurriedly getting out of the car and coming after me. He grabbed my arm as I reached the front steps.

“What are you doing?” he asked me, trying not to laugh.

“I’m going to kick his ass, that’s what I’m going to do,” I told him as I pulled my arm out of his grasp and stepped inside.

“Anthony Shepherd, you get out here right now!” I called.

A few minutes later he poked his head around the corner of the stairs.

“Hey, Monica,” he said, smiling nervously, “How was your date?”

I glared at him.

“What?” he asked apprehensively.

“You set the kitchen on fire? You cut her hair? You let her watch Vampire Diaries?” I glared.

“Hey! Vampire Diaries is a good show!” he defended himself.

“She’s eight!”

“And?”

“She’s going to have nightmares!” I yelled.

“I’m sorry! But she started blackmailing me after I set the kitchen on fire! I didn’t know what to do!”

“Umm, try not giving in to an eight year-old’s demands!” I suggested.

He chuckled nervously, “She wasn’t supposed to tell you.”