No Second Chances: Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Cassidy dropped us off at our hotel we were staying at so we could get settled in and unpack. Damon and Tony were staying with Marina for the evening so I could go to Kimi’s Bachelorette party. Thankfully Tony had a separate room than us, and our hotel room had a pullout bed in the living room area.

“This bed is for you,” I told Marina, plopping my suitcase on the floor next to it.

“This is a couch, Mom,” she replied, staring at it.

I laughed, “It folds out, Honey.”

She immediately ran to the mini fridge in the room.

“Oh cool! Look, Mom! We have a tiny fridge!”

I smiled at her before I followed Damon into the bedroom with my suitcase. He was setting stuff onto the dresser.

“Hey, where’s your shirt,” I said, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his bare waist.

He smiled down at me before he slowly leaned down and pressed him lips to mine.

“Mmm,” he said, his hands slowly making their way up to my hair where he intertwined his fingers into it.

I pulled myself closer so I was pressed tight against his still rock hard chest. My man was still fit.

His warm lips were slowly working on mine, building up to a more passionate kiss as he started nibbling on my lip. I opened my mouth, eagerly letting his tongue explore my mouth. 8 years of kissing and it never grew old.

His lips left mine and he started kissing down my neck. My eyelids fluttered shut as I felt him nibbling on the skin of my neck before licking it.

“Don’t leave a mark,” I told him huskily, “I’m going to be a bridesmaid on Sunday.”

He chuckled and pressed his lips to mine again.

My arms went around his neck as I deepened the kiss.

“You are so beautiful,” he said against my lips. I smiled, my fingers going up into his hair.

“EWWW!”

We both pulled away to see Marina standing in the doorway fake gagging.

“That is so gross,” she stated, coming in the room and plopping herself down on the bed.

“Tomorrow night,” I whispered before pressing my lips to his quickly, “Tonight I’ll be hammered.”

He laughed as I sat down on the bed next to Marina. He headed into the bathroom.

“You have to stay with Dad and Uncle Tony tonight,” I told her.

She sighed, “Yeah, I know.”

I laughed, “You don’t want to?”

She sat up before bouncing slightly on the bed, “I like staying with Dad, but Uncle Tony won’t stop calling me a runt. I’m not a runt.”

I chuckled, “It’s just for a time, Hon. When I was your age your dad used to call me Shortie. All the time. I swear, I don’t think I ever heard him call me by my name till I was as tall as him when we were 12.”

“You were as tall as Dad?” she asked surprised.

 I smiled, “Well… he was much shorter at the time. But yeah, the summer when I was 12 I hit a growth spurt and I was as tall as him. He didn’t grow taller till he was 13.”

“Poor Dad,” she commented.

“Hey!” Damon said from the bathroom door, “Don’t tell people that!” he complained, making Marina giggle.