No Second Chances: Chapter 3

Next chapter is up! Please comment and vote :)

Chapter 3:

“Okay,” I told Marina as we walked out of the gate at the airport in Santa Barbara, “My friend’s haven’t seen you since my wedding, so I want you to be on your best behavior.”

“Yep,” she replied, popping her ‘p’ as we walked towards the baggage claim. That’s where Cassidy was meeting us.

“No spitting, no using words Uncle Tony taught you, and no imitating Uncle Tony’s strange behavior,” I told her. We were making our way through the crowds.

“Hey!” Tony objected, “I resent that!”

I rolled my eyes, “Shut up. You’re only here because Damon was afraid you would kill yourself if we left you home alone. It’s not like you loved her anyway.”

Tony fake sniffed, “She was good to me. Until she left, the bitch.”

“Tony!” Damon and I both said at the same time. Marina chuckled, “Haha, bitch.”

I glared at Marina as Damon glared at Tony. “Don’t ever repeat that, Marina,” I said sternly. Damon slapped Tony in the head.

“Ow!” he complained.

“Don’t teach my daughter bad words.”

Tony rolled his eyes.

We’re a pleasant bunch.

“I’m not going to have to share a room with Uncle Tony, am I?” Marina complained as we approached the baggage claim. No Cassidy yet. “He snores.”

“I do not!” Tony replied, glaring at her, “How would you know anyway? You were out by midnight!”

“You kept her up till Midnight?” I yelled, “On a school night?!?”

Tony looked like a little kid who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

“Your snoring woke me up!” Marina replied, “It was so loud!”

“I do not snore!”

“Yes you do!”

“Do not!”

“Do too!”

“Do not!”

“Okay you two!” I yelled, interrupting their argument.

“Mom!” Marina whined at the same time Tony whined, “Damon!”

Damon burst out laughing.

“Your wife is so mean to me!” Tony complained.

“Mom he snores soooo loud. You have to hear him!” Marina said to me.

“She pretty much abuses me!”

“It could’ve scared bears away!”

“I mean, she threw a heel at me! A Goddamn heel!”

“Haha, Goddamn.” Marina giggled.

“TONY! STOP TEACHING MY DAUGHTER BAD WORDS!” I yelled, flinging my hands in the air.

“What? I didn’t say anything! OUCH!” he yelled as I smacked him with my heel.

“This is your fault you runt,” Tony said to Marina.

“I AM NOT A RUNT!” she complained, “Just because I’m short, does not make me a runt,” she told him, glaring as she stomped her foot to prove her point.

“Oh yes, it does,” he replied smugly, bending his knees to make him look shorter.

“That’s it,” she told him as she tackled into him. It caught him off guard and he tumbled over his carry-on suitcase that was sitting behind him.