Chapter Eleven

Giovanni felt nervous. Which was strange, because he was rarely nervous. He didn't remember the last time he felt this way—maybe when Leslie had called telling him that he had something important to discuss with him? But that was a bad nervous, not this weird mix of anticipation and confusion he was feeling now faced with the fact that after he was done at the bar and closed up, he would go upstairs and get fucked by the man that had given him one of the best kisses in his life.

     The anticipation and slight worry that was dripping from him made him clean the beer and wine glasses with more vigor and wipe down the bar countertop more times than necessary. He tried his best to keep his mind busy and not overthink things or rewind to the kiss in the corridor that had absolutely caught him out of the left field.

     When he had decided to go in for the kiss, he hadn't expected Ashkii to be good at it. The younger man was so nervous and shy that he had expected him to suck, or at most be average. He hadn't expected him to keep up or know what he was doing.

     Ashkii was good at kissing.

     So much so that Giovanni kept sucking on his bottom lip rethinking his motions.

     He wondered what the younger man would be like in bed. He came off as sweet and innocent, but the kiss was making Giovanni have his doubts. He wondered if he would be domineering—the thought which slightly upset Giovanni since he did like being the one in charge, but maybe with Ashkii, he wouldn't mind...

     Fuck. Giovanni thought to himself, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath. Ashkii had set the bar so up for sex, that Giovanni would be devastated if things didn't pan out the way his wild thoughts were going.

     The noise in the bar was starting to fade off as more people left the bar and fewer clients walked up for a drink. Giovanni's eyes searched for the clock, counting down the minutes to the eleventh hour in the Eve in if. He hoped Ashkii was still awake. It would be a disappointment if the man slept off. He knew he had an early class in the morning so they couldn't sneak something just before, he was sure of that.

     "Well, you seem pretty excited to get off," a customer said when Giovanni let out a big sigh and dramatically cleared out the bar countertop once he saw the long hand of the clock hit twelve.

     Giovanni looked over at the customer that had said that. Giving the man a little smile before shrugging his shoulders. "I'm just eager to get some rest." No, he wasn't getting a wink of sleep if Ashkii was half as good as he was imagining him to be off the make-out session.

     The customer seemed to smile knowingly, letting out, "hmm" as Giovanni grabbed a broom and dustpan and started haphazardly cleaning about the small bar. When the bartender was done cleaning up, all the clients had left, and he just had to lock the place before making his way to the back door that led to the stairway. Entering the small corridor gave him a rush of memory of the kiss from before, and he felt his face burn with warmth as he hurried up the stairs, before opening the door to his apartment and walking in.

     He wandered over to the guest room, a bit confused when he opened the door to find no one there. He started to think that maybe Ashkii had gone home, and changed his mind, but he was also confused because hadn't seen the man leave. He was ruminating on that when he heard his name in a soft voice—Ashkii's voice.

     He turned towards it, noticing the man might be in his room. He wandered over, opening the door to find the tan, long-haired man, staring at him from his bed. The room was dimly lit by the bedside lamp with a bright orange fluorescent hue.

     "I was wondering when you would come up." The younger man gave him a shy smile, and Giovanni smiled back, leaning on the door frame as he drank in the look of Ashkii. The younger man had taken off his shirt, and he could see the carvings and dips of his arm muscles that were holding onto a pillow. Giovanni guessed having a part-time job at a gym was working out for him.