Chapter 29

Drinking would not make you forget but for some reason, it helps when you are facing a problem.

Ipinagtama namin ang baso saka nilagok ang huling beer. I don't like how it tastes but I still drink it for him. My cousin is in the down part of his life. Seah too but at least the maids convince her to rest and not worry too much about her brother.

He told me everything and I was the last person who knows about this except my parents and our relatives. I plan to visit Grandma but I have a reason to stay here at his side so I won't for now and I promise Jill too to be with his side.

Honestly, I was dumbfounded when he told me about what happened to Seah. That was just unbelievable! He hides it from us knowing that it is a serious case. I cannot ever accept that fact and I was so mad at Tita Esther.

Her children suffer because of the doings that in fact, she shouldn't show up with them anymore and bother my cousins to at least respect them. If I just knew, I would never let her get close to them. Codi has been through a lot since he was young and the family witnessed that and it's all because of her. I regret my acts before that I used to persuade everyone to give her a chance. I thought she will change but I'm completely wrong. She just proves it to everyone.

"I'll stay by your side until you felt...at least a little okay," I told him and tapped his shoulder.

He smiled and nodded. "Thanks."

"Hang in there, man. Both of you deserve to be happy and we'll take care of the rest. Just focus on Sab from now on," sabi ko at narinig ko ang ungol niya bago siya tuluyan makatulog.

I visit Seah in her room before I totally leave the house but before that, I ask their maids to cook and look out for them when no one was around.

I took my phone when I got inside my car to text everybody.

Burke:

I'm sorry. I know you are not okay but I hope that you will soon.

Hindi naman nagtagal at sumagot siya na hindi ko inaasahan.

Sab:

Thank you, Burke. I appreciate it.

She's my friend too and the situation hurts me as their friend what more to Jill that was the closest to them. It was harder for her. I sent her a text too but she didn't text back.

Burke:

Please, don't cry anymore. If you did, cry on my shoulder.

I bit my lip. Maybe she did in Shawn's shoulder.

I just erase that thought and maneuvered the car over to First's house. I hope my cousin is here but then I end up seeing Tita Mildred. She looks surprised at my sudden visit.

"Burke...I'm so happy to see you again!" She said while grinning and welcoming me with a hug.