Doggy Friend

"Please, come on, let's take him home" Sammy begs me, giving me puppy eyes.

"Sammy! We can't, you know we can't!!" I laugh at him.

"Sure we can, we can find a way" he keeps begging me.

"He's neutered and just needs a check up" the man giving the dog away says. I look at him, not sure what to do. The dog was quick but Sam and I were twelve hours from home. I look at Sam, he looks back. He begs me more with his eyes.

"Fine! Sam. Fine!" I laugh, holding my hands up in a surrendering motion.

"Oh thank god! Thank you babe" Sammy kisses me.

"He's all yours then, no fee!!" the man says, handing us the dogs leach.

"Thank you sir, we'll take great care of him" I say smiling at him. "Happy now Sammy?"

"Yes very" he smiles at the dog, kneeling down to pet him. "Aren't you a good boy? Yes you are, yes you are!" Sammy says in a baby tone to the dog.

We start walking around the city, exploring, the dog following close behind us. "Well what do you want to name him Sammy Boy?"

Sammy looks down at the dog, "Hmmm, I don't know."

I start to think about the city we're in, "What about Avalon?"

Sammy smirks at my cheesyness, "I love it," he looks down the dog, petting him, "what do you think. Avalon, is that a good name?"

The dog yeeps out of happiness, "Alright I guess that settles it" I smile at Sammy. He's staring down at the dog happily. I had no clue how we'd get the dog home, but seeing Sammy happy was all that mattered.