Crushing hard

Wylan POV

God, from the moment I first met him, I couldn't stop thinking about him. His stupid half-smirk. His glinting chestnut eyes. The way his long fingers wrapped around a pearl-white gun. His smooth confidence. His easy sense of humour. It's safe to say I was obsessed. There's something about the way he looked at me for the first time. Throughout my short, miserable life, I'd always been overlooked. I was the incompetent mercher's son, the idiot who couldn't hold words in his mind. But when Jesper looked at me, I knew what it was to feel seen and valued.

Laying with him in this cosy bed feels like home. His soft breaths remind me that I'm here, that it'll all be okay. I look at our hands, perfectly intertwined, and grin broadly.

'Hey, Wy?' he whispers, his husky voice still thick with sleep.

'Yeah?'

'Stop watching me sleep.'  I immediately turn crimson.

'What! No, I wasn't...' He puts a finger to my lips, stopping any other words or thoughts I had. He draws his face up to meet mine, coming closer until his eyes and nose are blurred. 'I think it's cute,' he mumbles, his lips just a hair's breadth from mine. I groan, trying to hide my face in my hands. Cupping his hands around my cheeks, he says, 'Kiss me, you idiot.' Ever so slowly, I press my lips against his. And, just like every other time, everything else falls away. Nothing else matters but his ragged breath and perfect mouth. God, I love him more than anything else, and the bastard knows it.