Sleep Paralysis - Author Experience

Alright so this is a true (short) story of a scary experience that I had in real life.

Explanation for Sleep Paralysis:

So, this is a brief overview on "sleep paralysis" for any people who are unfamiliar with the topic. Basically it is the stage in between sleep and awake. During this stage the person or "victim" is to most likely experience terrifying and horrific hallucinations, as I had. Where on the other hand it's just like having a good/bad dream and waking up to being unable to move or "paralyzed". Sleep paralysis usually occurs when the person sleeps on his/her/their back. Some people say that when you fall asleep on your back your body releases some sort of chemical due to stress or fear from a previous event(s). I happened to have the hallucination part of the whole package. This is my experience.

Warning: fear, violence and demonic situations. (if you are uncomfortable with any of this please click off of this chapter)

Thank you....and now it begins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So like I always do, due to anxiety I could not sleep and I ended up reading Wattpad stories about Camilo (lol) until about two-ish in the morning. I was sleep deprived so I did not do my normal "superstitous" ritual that I usually do, and I fell asleep on my back with my bedsheets over my face.

It started off like any dream.....except the vibe or feeling was different. More real and demonic or evil. I heard a large creaking noise from beside my bed, like something was creeping up beside me. What made it even more real was that in real life my floor creaks near my bed. Slowly I felt a dark presence looming over me. The "thing" peeled my covers back slowly revealing a larger than life demonic creature....my sleep paralysis demon or otherwise known across the globe as the "old hag".

The old hag is some sort of demon that haunts people when they experience sleep paralysis. It is said to feast on your fear and your fear alone. Wanting to harm you but never being able to. To describe what was dangerously close to me, it was a tall woman with raggedy black hair and a drabby hospital gown, coated with dirt and grime. It had no eyes, just empty sockets and a large mouth just to be sealed shut with thread, like it had been tortured in it's previous life. The woman had long, long arms with freakishly long fingers with razor sharp talons.

And the smell, oh god the damn smell. The stench was even as evil as the creature. A mix of sulfur, rotting meat and death. It leaned in, now dangerously close to my face and cackled wildly saying, "This is what you always deserved, you filthy rat..". I shuddered trying to move but unable to. Suddenly a horrid and dark feeling washed over me like a wave of deep, black, choking seawater. A shadow. Tall and grim, standing in the corner of my bedroom seeming like the Devil himself. It said in a raspy, demonic voice, "So, Madison. I see that you have finally chosen to visit us....now as your grand reward....the thing that you fear the most." Seconds after my door slowly creaked open.

Creak...

Creakkkkkk

What I saw was my greatest fear. A light casted on the wall revealing shadows. Not any ordinary ones, but ones of my family, the people I cared about the most. The people who I WOULD DIE FOR, being ripped apart. Blood splattered on the wall like people painting a mural. The helpless screams and cries of my loved ones slowly fading to nothing. All the fear drowning out into pure, god forsaken terror. As the thing that took my happiness, my reason to even be alive or keep me alive slowly limped toward my bedroom entrance, the demons howling with laughter. Then I awoke, paralyzed with my bed covers down and a cold sweat flooding my pajamas.

The End......

-maddie

A/N: wow, um that was hard to write down. i felt as if i was reliving the past. thank you all for listening. if you ever have experience with this or know people who do, reach out for advice and help others do the same. love ya!