prologue

- 3rd person pov -

Vinnie and Kasumi were high school sweethearts. Everyone wanted what they had. They were seen as this happy, head over heels, puppy love couple. Not one single bad remark could've been said about them.

But let's be realistic here. High school couples always have one problem. In this case it wasn't so much Vinnie but more so Kas. She was never one to be home, yes they had moved in with each other towards the end of senior year. That didn't bother Vinnie, he was never one to be possessive over her and not let her go out, he was very worrisome. Living in New York for a women could be dangerous. He knew that, he just wanted to make sure Kas was safe, that's it. But she was never one to tell where she was headed too, never told Vinnie to accompany her even when asked multiple times to go, she always seemed to turn him down.

Vinnie noticed the change mid senior year. She wouldn't be home often, came home extremely late, not to mention she would come home stumbling through the doors because she was proper drunk. But he never mentioned anything, afraid she'd leave him. He truly loved her, more than anything because it's all he knew. He only knew what her love felt like, only knew how she felt like. It became his hobby, memorized every crevice, dip, and curve of his high school lover. He knew everything about Kas, knew that she only ate her ice cream when it was half melted, knew that she hated onions, he knew all her favorite songs and memorized them for her.

It was different for Kasumi, of course she loved Vinnie, but it wasn't the love you feel completely immersed in. She knew something changed along the way. Kas didn't feel that connection she once felt. No more sparks when he touched her, no more spine chilling feelings when he spoke to her.

He wondered if it was because he was doing something wrong, if she was getting his love but from someone else. But can you blame him for thinking that? He was hurt and heart broken that his only love had ultimately lost feelings for him. He never asked her what was up, feeling that if the words were spoken, it'd be too much for him. He'd hear bits and pieces from his co-workers and students from school. He figured they were just jealous of the beautiful relationship he had with Kas. He chose not believe them, chose not to be hurt over that fact that his intuition was right.

He found out she had been seeing someone else, he couldn't tell you how many times he cried that night. He thought Kas knew he found out because when he got home she was nowhere to be found.

She didn't even have the decency to say her final goodbye or at least explain why she's done what she did. Vinnie knew if she stayed and explained he would've immediately said it was okay and forgive her. That's how far his love went for her, unfortunately her love didn't even reach his, not even close. So that was it, years on learning to love her and learning what she loved, how she liked to be pleasured, what she liked to eat for breakfast, all of that's just taking up space in his mind, space that could be for better use than having her favorites in it.

She broke it off around November of 2015, she came back to pack all her things and left without word, all the while Vinnie watched her pack everything, what broke a piece of his fragile heart was she only left the things he'd bought for her. Even left her promise ring on the nightstand. She promised him they were forever, that nothing could get in the way of their love. Her words were just words, only said to reassure Vinnie in some way.

Vinnie always wondered if he were to be different, maybe more like how she liked then she wouldn't have left.

Kasumi has moved into her new apartment with her new boyfriend Nico. He was in his junior year of Uni. She's a freshman in Uni, studying fashion marketing. She did feel bad leaving so abruptly but it had to be done, she felt it was her only option. This week has been terrible, not only is winter creeping in she's been feeling quite sick lately.

——————————————————————

i know this is short but only because it's not an official chapter, just something to have as background info before the real stuff goes on. i'm sorry if it's not the best, i'll get better every time i write!!

- a/n ☀️☀️