1.

☆ Vinnie ☆

you know i'm getting real tired of eating cereal, do you get bored too?" i speak out loud to my cat, waiting for him to respond. He just jumps off the counter and walks to the living room.
"i'll take that as a no"

It's a hot summer morning in New York. The summers here in the city are unbearable and uncomfortable. You get sweaty everywhere, and i mean everywhere. I've only showered about 20 minutes ago and i already feel sticky. But gotta suck it up for right now at least because i have a job to get to.

I've worked at Harry's Auto Body Shop since sophomore year of high school. The owner and i were really close, had a son and dad bond. He unfortunately passed in May and i was in shock when he had left that he wanted me to become CEO. Since then I've been more busy than ever, taking over his responsibilities and such. I get home late because i have to finish paperwork he left pending.

"see you later gizmo!" i yell to my cat, walking out the door to my car. I have a Mazda RX7 FD. She's my most prized possession. I've had her for awhile now, I've done a lot of work on her because she was a shit box at first, i had Harry help me and we made it our project car of the year. we Finished it in April. The car was originally black but the paint was so chipped off that we decided to wrap it in this bright yellow color, and added a red 'RedSuns' decal.

Im approaching the shop, i already see Elliot waiting for me by the door. Elliot's my best friend, he's been with me since I've know Kas, she introduced us, and we've close since then. He helped me through the break up and took my side on things. I'm so grateful, i was truly scared i was going to lose him too. Fortunately he didn't, i offered him a job here, first we needed more workers and second i just wanted an excuse to hang with him everyday.

"Whats good Vinnie?"
"The same old bro, though the RX is making a weird noise, i think it's the transmission, but we'll check that shit out later." We do that handshake that always ends up confusing me in the end, not sure why we do it.

"alright let's head in bro, it's fucking hot as balls out" Elliot says and we both start laughing walking into the cooled room.

"you still act like you're 16" i chuckled and headed into my office, immediately groaning when i see the stack of papers i've been holding off. "Elliot c'mere for a sec"

Elliot pokes his head through the door and i nod and he walk towards my desk. "what's up?" 
"Since we don't open for another 10 minutes, mind helping me fill these out?"

"yea that's cool, am i getting extra for this?" he says with humor laced in his tone. "not a chance El"
He shrugs his shoulders "worth a try"

It's been exactly ten minutes and i came to the realization El and i cannot work together. We've only gotten to forms filled out, i honestly expected less so it's something.

I hear the door open and slam shut. I immediately look and and furrow my brows look at Elliot.
"did you hear that"

I nod my head. Elliot head off to check what it was. Out of nowhere i hear Elliot yell,

"Oh My God!"

"What- what is it?"

"Are you hurt Elliot?"

I immediately run to the store front, panic setting in. All worst case scenarios start coming to mind. My breathing is heavy due to the anxiety of what possibly could've made Elliot yell like that. As I approach him, i hear a cry, but not his but a baby. I'm at the front and i see Elliot standing next to a cheap looking stroller. My eyes are wide, shifting from Elliot to the stroller and back to him.