Chapter Four

Chapter Four -

I popped into the room from the window. "Are you guys alright?" I asked as I got inside. "No." Mylo sighed and looked at me. I looked at Vi and my eyes slightly widened. "Did you guys get in a fight?" I asked before walking over. I sat next to Powder and looked at her. "What happened?" I said inspecting her for injuries.

"Someone from the Lanes was following us. We got into a fight and one guy followed Powder so Powder threw the stuff in the water to get away." Mylo told me. I looked to each of them if the story was different before I turned to Powder. "Mouser didn't work." She mumbled to me. "It's okay-" "it's not okay! Every time she comes she jinxes the job." Mylo cut me off.

I turned to look at him and glared. "If you cut me off again I cut your tongue and shove down your fucking throat." I told him in a low voice. He shifted uncomfortably before nodding. "Powder that was a smart move in your part. As long as you got away it's okay." I said before hugging her.

'I love you like a little sister.' I signed to her. She smiled before signing to me as well. 'You mean like a sister in law?' My nose scrunched before we both turned to Vi. She raised her eyebrow and we both started giggling. "What are you two talking about?" She said smiling.

"Nothing." I whistled. The silence came back once Vander opened the door. "Everyone alright?" He asked as he came down the stairs. "Never better." Mylo replied. "Good. I don't suppose you can explain why it is that I'm hearing about an explosion and a foot chase topside? Five children fleeing the scene. What the hell were you thinking?" He stopped at me and Vi.

"It was my idea. I got a tip and plan the route. We need money Vander. Topside isn't going hungry like us down here." I told him. I felt Vi's eyes on me. "We can handle a real job." Vi added. "A real job?" He repeated. "Like Nina said. We got our tip, planned a route and no one saw." Vi spoke.

I sat down and watched them argue for a bit before speaking. "What Vi is trying to say is we are sorry for disobeying orders. We won't do again. What is punishment?" I said cutting Vi off. "There is no punishment just lay low. Nina, I did not expect this from you. You are the oldest and more responsibility falls onto you. Did you stop to think about what could have happened to you? To them?" Vander said turning to me.

My poker face came back. "No, sir. I did not. I apologize." I bit my tongue to stop myself from speaking out of hand. "This is the last straw I had with you. I took you in to help this group not to drag them down. I want you out of here." Vander told me. The silence was loud before he spoke again. "Where did you get the tip?" He asked me. "Little Man." I told him without hesitation.

"If you wanna be mad be mad at me. I planned it all—Nina just took the blame. You're the one who always says we have to earn our place in this world."

" I also told you time and time again the Northside is off-limits. We stay out of Piltovers business!" Vander told Vi. The more he spoke the angrier he got. "Why? They got plenty while we're down here scraping together coins. When did you get so comfortable living in someone else's shadow?" Vi finally said.

He paused before he spoke again. "Everyone out. Nina pack your bags. You're out of here." I looked at him before nodding. Once Claggor, Mylo and Powder left I grabbed a bag. "I appreciate you letting me stay for a while." I told Vander. I didn't look at Vi because if I did then she would get angrier.

"You can't just make her leave." Vi started with Vander. I sigh before holding my hand up. "Vi it's okay." I told her before putting my stuff in the bag. I didn't have much but it was enough. "Thank you again."

"Wait!"

I turned to meet the pink haired girl. "Where will you go?" She asked. "Dunno. I'm a refugee from my country. My home was destroyed long ago so it doesn't really matter where I end up now. Maybe the brothel house?" I told her. Vi looked at me and hugged me. "I hope that's a joke. I'm sorry. This is my fault." I hugged her back. "It was joke. Don't think like that."

I pulled away first. 'See ya' I signed to her. 'See you later' she signed back. "Wait. I like..." Vi started. I stopped and looked back at her. "You like?" I repeated and furrowed my eyebrows. "I like how you were always there for me. Thank you." She finally said. I smiled and looked at Vander. "Oh and not all the stuff was lost." I told him before showing off my other bag. He opened his mouth to speak but I slammed the door shut.

"You're really leaving?" Claggor asked. I nodded and smiled to them. "Don't miss me too much." I replied. "Nina!" Powder hugged me. "Are you leaving me?" She asked looking up at me. "Not by choice, little one. I would never leave you on purpose." I said looking down at her. Her eyes were filled with sadness. I got an idea and gave her pulled out a smoke bomb. "Wherever you are turn this on and I will come find you." I told her. She grabbed it and nodded.

"We will all miss you." Mylo said giving me a hug. For once I didn't hate him. "Who knew Mr. nag a lot could be genuine." I mumbled on his shoulder. "Yeah okay." He said rolling his eyes. I smiled and gave them one last look before I jumped on a ladder from another building. I climbed up and once I reached the top I looked down at them.

"Maybe we were meant to be friends in another life." I whispered before turning around and walking off. The hollow feeling in my chest stayed. I didn't know them for long but they were the closest thing I had to a family.