14 - Horikita.

"So, Ayanokouji-kun; what have you done to Karuizawa-san this time?"

Those were the first words I heard when I walked out of the dorms, and the almost sudden nature of that comment, which came from one Horikita Suzune, made me stop for one moment. 

It was almost like she planned to ask me this comment at this specific time, at this specific moment, at this location - right before anyone was actually going to the school.

But I suppose coincidences can be freaky, if it may be that this situation is a coincidence at all.

In response to her question, I looked back to her face to witness it scorching with intense conflagration, and though I had known the reason why considering the state of her character up to this point; I didn't think she would have such a strong desire to know what happened to Kei recently.

And though I know what happened considering how I am one of the two perpetrators for Kei's unstable state of mind; I'm not going to tell her what happened between the two- three of us.

"Why do you think I'm the one who caused what's happening to her? That's quite invective of you to say Horikita."

"How do I know it's you? I believe it's quite obvious considering anything that happens to anyone  in this class is essentially always related to you."

"I did not expect you to be so mendacious, Horikita; for I do not believe everything that happens should be tied back to me considering how most of the incidents that have happened in recent times have all been related to -"

"You."

"....Not me, but rather Class 1-D."

"Oh? So you believe that Class 1-D would care enough about Karuizawa-san and abuse her to such a degree that she cries at random intervals in class which she doesn't even notice she's doing herself? Do you think that they would care? Or any Class other than 'C' would care about doing such collateral damage to her psyche?"

"If they were trying to mentally attack me, then I suppose so. And if you consider the pugnacious attitude of Hōsen; I wouldn't put it past them."

"Though I do agree with you that the nature of Class 1-D is rather unpredictable and it is possible that such thing could have occurred, I highly doubt that is true considering the lack of action that any Class has taken since last month."