Trece (13)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

All the ride back from bus, went with Yuri's heart fluttering every now and then.

No Jake wasn't traveling back with her. It was just Yuri reminiscing on the morning's incident.

She wanted to talk to him about it, but all her courage just slumped down when she was about to mention it.

If he didn't remember it, why did she want him to remind him?

It was almost 7 in the evening since their were extra classes today.

Yuri was now walking down the road to her house, earphones still dangling down from her ears.

She noticed a few people moving stuff out of her neighbor's house. It was just aside her apartment.

She immediately went inside and called out for her mother, "Eomma I am home!"

"Is Halmoni is moving out?"

Her mother popped out of the kitchen and nodded her head as she scrubbed her wet hands on the apron.

"How is she feeling now? Did you ask? " Yuri inquired, her face lined with concern. She placed her backpack on the couch and went towards mother.

"No, she's still in hospital, her surgery is arranged maybe 2 or 3 days from now. Her daughter came the other day, she said wanted to shift your Halmoni's stuff to her apartment." Yuri's mother replied and went back to her chores.

That made Yuri feel relieved, her Halmoni would be happy to be with her daughter and grandchildren. She had mentioned about it to her before.

"We will go visit her after the surgery, alright?" Yuri probed her mother to which she obliged.

She missed Halmoni's cheerful smile every time she passed by the bench down the road. She missed her cooking when her mother couldn't make it in time. She missed seeing her telling her stories of her youth.

Halmoni was just a neighbor, a lonely person like her and she enjoyed spending time.

Recently, a few weeks back she suddenly had a heart stroke and was immediately admitted in the hospital. She wasn't blood related to Yuri but blood wasn't everything.

Sometimes, company can make everything better. And age certainly doesn't matter in friendships.

Yuri mentally prayed for her health and went to her room. She immediately thought of calling Na-eun.

"Hello milady!!" A crisp female voice was heard from the other line.

"Looks like you're all too good Na-eun. Are you sure you were ill?" Yuri asked her while cleaning her room.

"I was sick. But I am feeling a lot better now. They still told me rest for a few more days. You don't miss too much right?"

"I have to admit I missed you so much. So much happened today and I want to tell you everything about it." Yuri said as she trapped the phone between her ear and shoulder while trying to lift a block of books.

"I have all the time in the world, tell me everything!! I can't wait!"

Yuri halted and took a seat. She massaged her temples and relieved herself first.

Later, she told Na-eun all about today. From meeting a strange boy in the bus and accidentally falling to him being the new transfer student.

Na-eun was listening everything quietly, with occasional gasps in between. But it wasn't the type of reaction Yuri expected, until Naeun said,

"I was gone for a day and you already found yourself a boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend—" Yuri exclaimed, she couldn't believe her best friend at times. Every single guy she had laid her eyes on was either a 'boyfriend' or 'ideal one' in Na-eun's eyes.

"But you have a crush on him, you like him don't you?"

[A/N]

Halmoni means grandma in korean. Thought I should drop that :))

Forgive my writing skdksm I am trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Thank you for your support!! <3333