Chapter 1: The Asking

Chapter 1

          Mason Corringstone stood up on top of a chair and shouted across the lunch room, "EVERYONE! MY BEST FRIEND DOMENIC ASTRO NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING HE HAS BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME TO DO!" Everyone's faces were confused. Domenic was a very attractive guy and was really funny. He was one of the most athletic and popular guys in the grade. Most girls had a crush on him, but nobody, not even his best girl friend, Chloe, knew who he liked.

          Domenic jumped down from the seat and slowly cruised around the different lunch tables. Suddenly romantic music starts playing from the loud speaker. Domenic strolled around each lunch table as kids started to get up and slow dance. Everything seemed so disturbing, especially the fact that the lunch monitors started to dance too.

          Eventually Domenic stopped at Chloe and her friends table. He speaks up and says "Chloe, I've been wanting to do this for a long time. From the times that we text throughout the day until you fall asleep at night, and all the times we talk and hang out over weekends. I know every time you asked me who I liked and if I liked anyone, I would say it's nobody or I would lie and say this random girl in the grade. But I was lying either way; I liked you. I've had a crush on you ever since that day you walked into my class in 3rd grade. The moment I first saw you walk into that room I instantly knew I wanted you to be mine. This year I don't know... I guess we just clicked, well I think we did. Anyway what I'm trying to say is, I really like you and..." He stopped for a breath and pulled Chloe to the middle of the cafeteria and bent down on one knee. "Will you be my girlfriend?"