Chapter 2- Jace's POV

"You will do great things," my mom told me as she lay under a piece of wood. I tried with all my might to lift the wood off of her but I was only eight. I was too weak. The wood was too heavy. I continued trying as the flames grew around us. "Jace. Listen to me. I love you. You will do great things. I need you to run with your father and your brothers. You will save the world one day of evil and darkness. But until then I need you to run. Get out of here." "I don't want to leave you, mama, I can get you out of here. You'll be ok mama" "My strong little boy. You make me proud. Go with your father. Run and always stay strong." Arms grabbed me behind and I kicked and screamed for them to let me go. I could hear my mom in the distance saying "stay strong I love you" My father carried me away from the house with my brothers in front of us. I cried one last time " Mama! I love you! I turned away as the house exploded. 

The fire was unexpected. Then again so were the memories that haunted me. 

I ran from my hiding spot in the woods to where she was. With her being close to seventeen it was no surprise something was going to happen. I just wasn't expecting the fire. Coming to the side of the orphanage I opened the door and heard a scream. A girl with dirty blonde hair was falling down the stairs. It's the girl I've been watching from a distance for years. The girl who is meant to save the world. I couldn't help but think of her in awe but scolded myself. Never let anyone get close to you. It just leads to heartbreak.

 I started walking to her but stopped as I saw someone come to her and throw her down the last flight of stairs. The guy with jet black hair looked up and made eye contact with me. He stopped walking with panic written across him and ran back up the stairs. I rushed over to the girl as her eyes closed. 

The flames were everywhere now. She was still breathing, but I knew as the flames got bigger she would not be able to make it. There was a creak and I looked up and saw a piece of wood falling above us and memories flooded my head. Not now. I don't have time for this. I was able to use my power to make the wood fall beside us. I wrapped her arm around my neck and carried her out to the woods.

 When we got there I paused so I could check on her. She had ashes covering her face and a bruise on her cheek. I scanned for more injuries and found she had a broken rib and could guess she had a few bruised ribs. Her arm was also bruised and slightly fractured. I continued traveling to my house while causing air to clear out her lungs. With every step, I would take she would whimper and burrow her eyebrows. I repositioned her to where she was comfortable.

 A few years after my mom had died, I learned of someone else like my brothers and me. It was kind of different knowing she was a girl and less experienced than my brothers and I were taught. At first, when I learned, I was excited. I didn't have to be with my brothers. It wasn't just us. We weren't alone. Though with time, that thought went away. I had to watch her from a distance and make sure she stayed alive until the time was right. We were never allowed to actually talk to her or give her any clues as to what she was or who she would be. We were still alone.

 I made it to the clearing where my house was. I brought her inside to the one room that was never used. After I set her on the bed I looked around. I avoided this room at all costs. Although we lived in another house, this was my mother's room. We put all of her stuff that we could salvage from the fire in this room. It mostly consisted of some of her clothes and shoes. We figured our mother was the same size as the girl. I took one look at her on the bed and walked out. 

The house wasn't really big but big enough where it took a second to get to the living room. In the living room, I found my brothers and father talking. The wood floor creaked and the room became quiet. My father was the first to talk. "I thought I told you to keep an eye on her, not bring her here. She's not ready", "I didn't have a choice. There was a fire and someone was trying to kill her. So sorry for helping her survive." 

His eyes widened. "It has begun." "Yeah, I know it has. She's seventeen. It won't be long until she finds out herself. Better for us to be here when she does than her running away or doing something stupid." "You're right. Where is she now?" "In mom's room. She's injured and I don't know how long it will take for her to recover." "We will have to be patient. We can't train her with injuries." " We have no time to be patient. He will strike again. There is no doubt the guy I saw was him." "What guy?" " I told you. There was a guy trying to kill her" 

My brother Cody piped in, " Can you stop saying her? She has a name. It's Ivy if you didn't know." We ignored him.

 "The guy... What did he look like?" My dad continued. "He had jet black hair. That's as much as I could really get of him. But he had the same energy as we do." " We need to keep a lookout for him. There's no telling where he could strike next ''

'' You could have got me to help with the fire Jace. I could have helped." Connor said. "You only know how to create fire, you idiot," Cody said as he hit Connor on the side of the head. " I can also control it, jerkface." Connor punched Cody's arm. 

I was never really close to my siblings. We always had an understanding but Cody and Connor were twins. So no separating them. I kept to myself most of the time.

 " Cody. Connor. That's enough. This is serious. Y'all need to keep a watcho-" He was cut off by a creak in the floor. I could feel a movement in the air and could feel someone running. We all took off running to the room I put Ivy in. 

Like I thought, she wasn't there anymore. But by the redecorating of her room, I could tell she knew something she didn't know before. I turned to everyone else. " She knows," I said and took off running out of the house.

-------------

Author's note:

Hey guys. Make sure to vote and comment. Let me know what y'all think. Love y'all. <3

Romans 5:8