Chapter 1

Annabeth's POV:

3rd August 2022

New school, new rules.

Honestly, I am tired of moving so much but it's essential. Welcome to Goode High, the school where teenagers smoke joint in the janitor's closet, fully go for it by the lockers and all that typical high school shit. Then there are the bullies AKA the populars. Sigh. Stereotypes at their finest. But I guess not all populars are mean, my friend Piper goes here and she is VERY popular. I am talking Ryan Gosling type popular.

Take deep breaths Annabeth, you have done this a million times! What have you got to lose?

Actually a lot. BUT NEVERMIND!

I took a deep breath and opened the gates. The first thing you see: feet. No literally, that's all that is visible with barely ANY place to lift your head.

I saw a group of girls and was just going to ask them if they can show me to my locker but, as I got closer I hear squealing and wanting to marry and screw this guy...Percy Jackson? That apparently got turned into a fight so I just backed away.

I was about to check my timetable,
The hallway went silent. I turned around to see what the hell happened. I rolled my eyes when I saw the arrival of a group of people, happily chatting and oblivious to the silence that hung in the air like the Vanilla scented Bath and Bodyworks spray in the girl's bathroom.

The arrival of the populars.

Ugh, kill me now from the cliches. But then I spotted a certain brown-haired beauty in the pack. Piper McLean.

Well, there was this black-haired guy and from the first glance he seemed...slightly handsome but I didn't let my gaze linger on him.

I made my way towards her, not giving a dam that other people were watching. I didn't care! It had been too long since I saw my best friend. Her eyes lit up as she saw me. We both jogged toward each other and hugged, choosing to ignore all the stares and whispers. The new girl is friends with the popular girl. Rumors would be flying.

We let go of each other and Piper gripped my shoulders so hard I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from crying out in pain.

"ANNABETH MINERVA CHASE! What are you doing here?!" She grinned.

I gestured to her "You. Me. Classmates." I managed to choke out as she enveloped me in another bone-crushing hug, squealing like a kid given a puppy. "I. Can't. Breathe. Help." I said in an over-exaggerated strangled voice. "Right." She said as she let go, still having a massive grin plastered on her face.

A blonde guy whom I assumed was her boyfriend started, "Uh, Pipes you gonna introduce us? Cause I'm a little lost."

"Oh, of course!" She said, snapping her head back at me. "What class do you have?"

"Uh..." I quickly glanced at the piece of paper in my hands. "-free period."
She clapped her hands together and squealed. "OH, THIS IS PERFECT! COME!"

But before I could protest, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside with the other populars at our toes.

She led me to a tree in a quiet corner of the football field, quaint and cozy. I took a mental note to come here to read.

"Okay, can someone please explain what the gobsmack is happening?" A scrawny boy with curl-Cross that. Very curly hair said.

Piper rolled her eyes at his failure at cursing "Take a seat Repair boy and then I'll explain."
I raised an eyebrow to which she just gestured me to sit. I sat in between the messy circle formed in the shade of the tree, between Piper and the scrawny Latino-Elf-Repair-Boy-Guy