Chapter 2

After school I quickly grabbed the movie and projector and put it in my Blue Ranger. I tied my long golden brown hair back into a braid that came over the side of my shoulder. With my jean shorts, red low cut converse and blue tank top i grabbed my grey beanie got in my truck and drove off.

When I got to the field he was standing there in a plaid shirt and jeans along with a blanket and pillow. I stopped the car and got out. "What's with the blanket and pillow?"
"I can't read very well so this might take awhile. Sorry"
"Whats to be sorry about Zack?" I smiled " you don't have to feel so scared or uncomfortable with me. I can just read it to you." I smiled
We sat down and read "Children of the Corn" after we finished it, I closed the book and put it in my bag. "You alright?" Zack asked.
"Yes I'm fine let me hook up the projector." I went to the truck and grabbed the projector and hooked it up. Zack studied me the whole time. I felt his piercing eyes watch my every move. Once hooked up I sat down and we watched the movie on the side of the equipment shed.
"Psst" he whispered during the movie
"What?" I asked
He leaned over and said "Ms.Avery I do believe that you are shaking. Is something wrong?"
"No I'm fine....AGHH!" I screamed as I turned away and planted my face in his chest. He grabbed the remote and stopped the movie and held me.
"Hey hey, it's ok it's just a movie. You ok?"
"Yes of course I'm ok." I responded once I looked at him.
"Liar, ok is short for broken you see when someone says I'm ok, their really saying I'm broken." He looked at me concerned. "Now what's wrong? Remember don't keep anything from me."