1.

Many things had changed over the last 12 years

Many things had changed over the last 12 years. The young Alpha had matured and married the young huntress, who had twins, a boy and a girl. Marriages between races were uncommon, which caused concern in both races. Nonetheless, their marriage went well because Jade performed admirably as a leader. Jade worked for JB's family business, which dealt with import and export, alongside Jinyoung and Mark. On the surface, everything appeared to be fine, but who knew what happened behind closed doors?

The 'click clack' of high heels on the porcelain floor echoed throughout the mansion, capturing everyone's attention. As she walked past the butlers and maids, she was met with genuine smiles. Jade acknowledged them with a nod, her heels propelling her to her destination.

She walked out of the mansion's double doors and was greeted by a handsome young man who walked alongside her to a slick black Bentley.

"How does my schedule look for today, Mark?" She inquired as she sat in the car and greeted Jinyoung, who was already behind the wheel.

"You have a board of directors meeting later this evening," Mark responds, swiping across the screen of a 10-inch tablet. "Aside from that, nothing major other than paperwork."

"Those directors can be a real annoyance. One debate goes on for over an hour. And it's usually over something insignificant " When the meeting was mentioned, Jade sighed and placed two fingers on her temple to distract herself from the impending headache. "Forget it, where is JB?"

"He went hunting." Mark stated without looking up from his tablet.As they approached the 40-story building, Jade remained silent and looked out the window.

Jade had offered the two men any position in the company they desired. Jinyoung chose to be her driver because he knew she was always busy keeping the company running and that someone had to be flexible to pick up her twins while JB was mostly out of town. Mark chose to be her secretary, her right hand, to ensure she did not overwork herself, and he assisted her as much as he could. Both men considered Jade to be their sister and wished her the best.

As she walked away, she turned to Jinyoung and reminded him to pick up the kids later. Once inside, Mark followed her all the way to her office, where she sat behind her desk. He set the tablet down on her desk.

"Mark, I need you to come to the meeting with me later. I doubt I'll be able to put up with their nonsense." Jade spoke, taking out files and a pen.

Mark agreed before turning and leaving her office to get her morning coffee. Minutes ticked by as she sorted and shuffled through her paperwork; the rhythmic 'tick tock' of the clock infiltrated the empty space. Jade reached for the business phone on her right but was stopped when her gaze was drawn to a photo frame.

Jade, like every other office worker, had personal items all over her desk, including photographs. Jade reflected on the past while looking at the two photographs. One was a photograph of her and three other boys, all in their rebellious adolescence. The second image was of her, JB, and the twins posing and grinning until their gums were visible.

Jade was pricked and burned by threatening tears. Hunting, as described by the two men and Jade, is not a sport. JB would always say he was going to hunt to clear his head, but he never returned with anything to show for it. Hunting was an excuse for him to have the freedom to cheat on his wife while she was unaware. Perhaps he was aware that she was aware of what he was doing, but it didn't matter to him. Jade muttered and averted her gaze. "Who will it be this time?"

Before leaving the office for an upcoming meeting, she stuffed a bunch of loose papers into a file.

Hello fellow Dragons

Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ