2.

It's been a long day, especially with the board of directors meeting that seemed to last forever. Jade took notice of the way a vein almost popped itself on Mark's temple; he, too, was annoyed by all their useless and mundane banter.

Jade rubbed her stiff neck as she entered the mansion after exiting the car Mark had driven her home in. Jade jumped into the air after entering the familiar interior, as if expecting it, as a wooden sword swiped at her legs, in attempt to knock her off her feet.

She landed gently on the tip of the wooden sword before using her other leg to knock the wooden sword from the grip of her second opponent. Jade used her pressure to split the wooden sword she was standing on in two. The two shadows lunged at her in hand-to-hand combat now that she had taken away their weapons.

Jade didn't even bother defending herself or attacking back; she simply stood in one place and dodged each attack as if it were a choreographed dance. Jade continued for a few minutes longer, until one of the short figures cried out in frustration and sat down on the porcelain floor, as if about to throw a tantrum.

The other figure realized it was pointless to continue and backed away from Jade, approaching his sister, who grumbled on the floor.

"It's not right! You make no attempt to attack us!" The girl on the floor whimpered, accusingly pointing at Jade.

The hunter laughed and shook her head at the twins. Jade took an intimidating stance in front of her children, her hands on her hips.

"Chaeyoung, get up from the floor. You can't start whining while under attack. When compared to your brother, your swordsmanship is far more swift and accurate "Jade began her lectures with a stern tone that was tinged with softness. "Changkyun, your stamina is increasing and you're becoming faster without experiencing any breathing difficulties. Keep up the good work. Okay, enough of this, let's get some food in your stomachs!"

Jade motioned to the dinner hall with her hand while pulling Chaeyoung to her feet. Her stern demeanor completely vanished, replaced by a soothing gentleness. Throughout dinner, she asked them how their day went and cracked jokes here and there.

After dinner and putting the hyper 10 year olds to bed, Jade became restless and decided to take a stroll in the garden. Mark appeared in front of her as she approached the line of rose bushes.

"I figured you'd want some company." He explained as he walked alongside Jade.

Before heading back inside, the two exchanged a few lighthearted words. Jade grabbed Mark's arm just as they were about to separate and go their separate ways.

"Mark, wait," Jade began, but was unable to finish her sentence. She shook her head, as if dismissing a thought, before returning her attention to him. "I'm grateful to have you and Jinyoung in my life. Sincerely."

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ