Prologue

The Kingdom of Kritanta, also known as Korea in modern times, consists of five races

The Kingdom of Kritanta, also known as Korea in modern times, consists of five races. Humans, werewolves, vampires, witches, and finally, hunters. War and bloodshed between the races engulfed the land for many years until one of the races proposed an all-race peace treaty. The war ended, and humans gradually forgot about the supernatural world, as their leaders desired. Each race had their own dominion to rule over, never mixing much because the hatred remained. That is, until a young Alpha falls in love with a young huntress.

━━━━━━━━━━

The hunter sprinted through the dull and gloomy forest, panting and crunching leaves to a crisp. Many creatures could be heard behind the teenager, catching up to her human pace.

She took a sharp right and whirled in a different direction. The huntress wasn't running around aimlessly, tail between her legs. No, this hunter was luring those beasts to her chosen location.

The trees ahead of her became less dense, and she soon entered an open area. She inhaled sharply and dug her soles into the dirt ground to stop herself. Whimpers and barks, as well as the rattling of ropes and chains, could be heard behind her.

The hunter turned around with a smug expression on her face and calmly walked in their direction. She laughed as she noticed the three wolves, each in their own net suspended in the air.

One might wonder why a wolf would find it difficult to be caught in a net. Couldn't they just claw their way through it and get away? Yes, the wolves could do so, but only if this was a regular net. However, this type of net was specially designed by the hunter organization, and the material was enchanted by faeries, allowing only hunters to cut through these nets.

"Are you serious now? Was that all it took?" The hunter made a mockingly raised eyebrow. "I guess you all aren't very well-trained. You're quite shameless. The first thing you should have learned was how to escape and avoid Hunter Nets."

The wolf in the center was larger than the two on either side, and his coat was a beautiful stark white that shone even brighter in the moonlight night. His emerald green eyes burned into the Hunter's form. In the net, instead of the wolf, a human boy kneeled in a flash of blinding light that lasted only 5 seconds. Don't worry, this werewolf was properly attired.

"How could you? Are you even aware of who I am?" He clenched his teeth and yelled. "I'm JB! The Alpha! The Moon Children's Alpha!"

The hunter showed no emotion and instead walked closer to his net with an uninterested expression. They were at eye level with one another. If the boy werewolf stood up right now in the air, it was obvious he was taller than her. It was difficult to do so. The hunter lifted a dagger and placed it under the boy's chin. He threatened raised his head.

"You are truly stupid," she sighed. "A title like that is thrown around so casually. Not everyone believes in the existence of you creatures, and tell me why I, the future Queen of the Hunters Organization, should let you go."

JB couldn't stop himself from whimpering. The hunter pressed the dagger against his flesh firmly, but not hard enough to nick him. The hunter swiftly moved her hand across after staring into his deep eyes. JB lands with a thud because the net has been severed and can no longer hold him.

His hand went straight to his neck, and he struggled to his feet with numb legs. The hunter had already turned on the other two werewolves and released them. As he watched her move, his brows knitted together in confusion.

"I won't hurt you three," she said, moving to the third werewolf and slicing the net in one motion like butter. "However, I'd like to offer to train you."

JB was prepared to protest, ready to return to his glorious furry form and attack, but his subconscious refused to transform, leaving him in a fighting stance.

The huntress cocked her head, pretending to be innocent. "Don't worry, I just want to be friends with you and help you. Who knows what would have happened if you had run into someone apart from me tonight?"

She sheathed her dagger and began to pull down the dangling empty nets. JB observed her work and couldn't help but wonder,

"How do I address you?"

The hunter threw the cut nets over her shoulder, peering over her shoulder at him. "Jade Wang, Jade."

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

Big shout out to my lovely inky_jin for helping me edit this book
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ