Chapter 1- Green Eyes

Chapter One

Green Eyes

Luke's breath was quick and short. His lungs felt like they were on fire. Sweat covered his forehead and back. His legs ached, cramps slowed him down as he sprinted down the sidewalk, dodging people, who gave him confused looks.  

He knew his three enemies were close behind. He knew one of them could make herself invisible, another could fly and the third one could run at an amazing speed. Most likely the girl with the speedy body would catch up to him first. He was right; she did.  

Luke turned into an alley when the girl caught up to him, sending him down to the ground with a strong shove. Luke hit the side of his face and body on the concrete, a stinging and aching pain quickly finding their way to all of the left side of his body.  

He looked up and saw the girl. She was ugly. That's all Luke thought, before she gave him a good kick to the face shouting, "I can read minds, jerk!" His nose started bleeding, his forehead ached. He shivered in fright as his two other enemies turned around the corner, joining the ugly girl.  

The three stood above him, whispering. 

There were two girls and a boy. Luke has never really been able to take in all of the details of his enemies who were chasing him for a long time. He never noticed how the second girl was beautiful. She looked to be around his age. Her brown hair cascaded down her shoulders and back in a wavy river. Her eyes were a piercing green and her body looked good in the black jumpsuit she wore, like the two other people above him. She had white, straight teeth, and when she looked down at him, smiling happily and showing them, he almost died.  

Luke was confused; he wasn't supposed to like someone who had been chasing him for years, wanting to kill or capture him. She was a threat. Though, something about her, something that radiated off of her, made him like her. Not just her body or beauty, but also something in her personality attracted him. Even though he doesn't know much about her, not even her name, he felt like he knew everything about her.  

The gorgeous girl seemed to be lost in his eyes, like he was in hers. Her smile disappeared, but she wasn't frowning. They both looked at each other, almost communicating silently, until her ugly friend snapped her from her thoughts, "Bella, we gotta bring him to the Lab!" Bella, what a pretty name, thought Luke.  

Bella tore her eyes away from the injured boy on the ground, who looked so helpless and scared, but somehow, strong. She looked at her ugly friend, then at the boy who stood beside her. Luke's male enemy looked tired, but happy that they have caught their prey. Luke saw some strange objects that were from his back, which were wings, and he guessed he was the one who could fly. So that means, Bella was the one who could turn invisible.  

Bella sighed, "Josh, grab him and fly him to the lab. We'll meet up with you there."  

Josh nodded and looked at Luke. "Do I knock him unconscious?"  

The ugly girl nodded, "Yeah, but no brain damaging."  

"Why not, Emma?" Luke now knew that the ugly girl's name was Emma.  

"Just don't, okay?"  

Josh sighed, "Fine." Luke felt angry that Josh felt disappointed that he couldn't damage his brain. What was wrong with him?  

Luke's heart beat fast, thumping against his chest. He had to escape! He tried standing up, but Emma gave him a hard kick in gut, making him gasp for air, a horrible pain staying in his stomach. He met Bella's eyes, and he saw a flash of sadness and pity in her eyes.  

Normally, Luke would be angry at someone who pitied him and felt bad for him. Luke didn't need someone to feel bad for him, it didn't help him. Sometimes, when Luke begged for money on the streets for money to buy food, people would have the look pity in their eyes. But still, they wouldn't do anything about it. They wouldn't give him a single cent, thinking that he'd spend it on alcohol or something. But this time, it was different. He liked that Bella felt bad for him.