10. Unexpected Visits ♡︎

Monday, March 19th Luxe Beauté, Los Angeles

Monday, March 19th
Luxe Beauté, Los Angeles

"Keep the car running, would you?" The woman held onto the driver's hand, allowing him to help her out of the vehicle.

"Of course Madame," he nodded his head.

"Don't worry, I won't be long," she smoothed her hands over her Oscar de la Renta pencil dress that stopped just under her knees.

Every single head turned when she walked into the Luxe Beauté office. Her four thousand dollar Bottega Veneta heels clicked on the white and grey marble tiles as she walked in. And even if you didn't hear her coming, you would definitely smell her as she walked by. Her signature scent of warm gourmand vanilla and cinnamon definitely lingered even well after she leaves a room.

Everything about her was infatuating, from her long slender brown legs to her incredible posture, to her perfectly manicured nails and flawlessly styled hair. It's hard not to stare when she walks into a room, but at the same time, she's too intimidating to ever look straight in the eyes if you don't already know her.

"Charles, my dear," the woman completely bypassed the receptionist and went straight to his workstation.

"Madame," he quickly stood up from his office chair to greet her. And he was so glad he chose that day to wear one of his best work outfits. "It's always a pleasure," he took her outstretched hand and placed a kiss on the back of it.

"It is a pleasure, isn't it?" She removed her sunglasses from over her eyes and put them in their designated case before dropping them down into her custom Hermès bag. "Zora, is she in today?"

"She is, yes ma'am."

"She in her office?"

"Yes, but—"

"Perfect. Don't worry Charles, dear. I'll just see myself in," she headed towards Zora's office with absolutely no invitation.

"But Madame, she's actually in the middle of a business call right now."

But she didn't care. She just kept up walking towards Zora's office with Charles right on her heels.

"Zora, my dear!" She pushed the doors of her office open, not caring that Charles said she was on a business call, but luckily the call ended not even two seconds before. Zora was hanging up the phone when she barged in.

"Mom?" Her eyes opened wide because that was definitely an unexpected visit. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh baby, that's no way to greet your mother," Adeline stood there with her arms open, waiting for her daughter to embrace her.

"I tried to stop her," Charles mouthed as Zora walked towards her mother.

"It's fine," she mouthed back as she walked into Adeline's arms. She motioned that he could leave, and he closed the door of her office behind him on his way out.