february 23

We finished all the filming and I edited it all on my laptop. I told the cast that they have to wait until the grand showing in the assembly Ms. Randall is using to let us present our short films to the whole school. In the end, they get to vote on whose was the best. The prize is a free dinner at the local steakhouse, yay? For some reason, I don't doubt we'll win.

We file onto the bleachers for the assembly, our class is in the first row. Vanessa is sitting with her partner. Even though she was a main feature of ours, she still shot one with her friend about religion or something.

Chase pinches the back of my neck the whole time and makes gross hand gestures of what he assumes Vanessa and I do. Really, she only ever lets me touch her boobs. But he thinks we've gone much further, judging on the way he moves his hands around.

"If you have Pledge Allegiance to God, then can I have Marilyn Manson over here." Chase pokes Summer in the shoulder.

She swats him in the face and we laugh, well besides Chase that is. Ms. Randall orders all to shut up.

"Today, we have some short films demonstrating struggle by your fellow classmates. Struggle is..."

She goes on and on about her large weight loss last spring. Everyone from Golden High has heard it at least 60 times. Summer even scoffs when she starts telling it. The story changes a little each time she tells it.

"Without further a do, our first film by Summer Tate and Logan Teller."

I'm confused as to why ours is first. I'm almost completely oblivious to the crowd whistling and yelling go Logan. It's a bit annoying, but it's flattering. I don't like how Summer did most the work and I'm getting praised. She doesn't seem to mind one bit, her face is always blank.

We all watch as what we made flashes on the projector. Glitter everywhere. I feel an actual sense of pride from this, even with the Marilyn Manson song playing in the background. While I'm watching it, though, it doesn't feel right. Something feels very off. I see Vanessa's face and it almost feels like she's stealing from Summer. This was Summer's. I hold Summer's hand throughout the movie and smile at her.

In the end, we won the prize. Summer told me to bring Vanessa some night and went home early while guys patted me on the back and told me about how freaky and awesome our movie was. Our movie.