Chapter 2: Encounter

A/N:Hey guys! Picture of Oliver right there

------------------------------------------------------------

A week ago was the remarriage of my mother, the future secretary of the largest cooperation in Washington D.C.

After years of pursuing her true love, mom had told me on the day of my 15th birthday that she had found him.

I didn't know.

Mother was oblivious.

We were like 2 bugs caught in a baked web spiraling and surrounding our only escape. I felt alone as a fatherless child and one who was about to lose his own mother.

Or maybe, it was only just me.

On that day, exactly 24 hours from her remarriage, she was possessed.

The world grapsed her before she knew it.
It was the death of Melissa Scott and the birth of Elizabeth Reyes.

The wealth and greed, jewels and gold, fabric and silk allured her. They were like drugs that disillusioned her and trapped her in an abyss.

Mother grew wary and lost her mother's instinct. She was never there when I needed her and never there when I am suffering. She couldn't be found anywhere.

The distinguished desires allowed her to change.

She abandoned everything.

Her name.

Her past.

And me.

The signs were weak, and signals were futile. I sometimes believe that God had given us up.

Then again, that was probably only me.

I have been staggering through the whole city, with little to wear and nothing to eat.

With my filthy blond hair, my dull blue eyes, the dirty scratched shirt and a baggy black pants, I scan the city high and low.

I felt a rough tug on the back of my shirt.

" Well, look at what we have here." A rough and husky voice snarled behind me. It must have been a group looking for someone to tease to pass time.

I was harshly turned and tugged into a dark alley.

The men shrugged in confusion when I didn't resist. I merely stood rigid and faced my fate.

My feelings of panic had disappeared long ago.

My fists twitched though. That was odd.

Nothing twitches in me before.

It felt strange... and exciting.

Even when the strangers were kicking me around.

Stomping on my skinny back with obnoxious grins, I felt excited.
My blood felt hot and my heart burned in my body furiously.

My world turned black. For the first time in years, I felt scared. The darkness played with me and tossed me around in my nightmares.

Why was I being chased? By who? By that witch who casted me aside, or by my own shadows?

I saw large black hands reach for me and I stumbled back. My back fell on the ground and I was painfully thruster against an unforeseen scene. The hands strangled me and pressed on my neck until I assumed I was no longer alive. Perhaps I was floated above and viewing my own corpse being tortured.

My unconsciousness drifted away, and for only a moment, I saw light.

It was warm, and comforting. Sweat started dripping down me.