Just Say Yes

Ithildin went to sit down when Ryomen walked up to her and offered to dance with her. The princess smiled up at him. It was the first time she had smiled since she had found out that she had to get married. But it was nice for Ryomen to see her smile again.

But the smile only lasted a short while. Ithildin's father was watching them from a distance. He liked the boy, but there was something about him that he couldn't quiet place. Something he wasn't too sure about. But other than that, he was ready to give the kingdom and his daughter to him.

Ryomen's father on the other hand wasn't planning on keeping Ithildin or her parents around for very long. He only wanted to become more powerful. He was the power hunger king. A king that was cruel and sot out to rule over the world.

Ithildin only danced with Ryomen once. She wasn't very interested in him. But a prince, other than Ryomen, had caught her eye. Blonde wavy hair. Ocean blue eyes. And a slight tan. Six foot three inches. And was avoiding dancing with the other girls.

This Princes name was Nicklaus. He was from across the sea, and from one of the most powerful kingdoms. Even more powerful than Alfheim. His parents sent him, in hopes to be married to Ithildin. Even though there was a chance it wouldn't happen.

Ithildin walked up to the prince. He watched her closely, he didn't know if she was just going to try talking to him or just dance with him. But to his surprise she grabbed his hand a dragged him out to the garden.

"Princess," the prince said to Ithildin. She looked up at him. Her short height was a bit odd, and her height was below average. Standing at five foot two inches.

"You may call me Ithildin or Ithil," Ithildin offered the prince. Who in return smiled at her. Causing her to smile.

"Ithil, I like that. You may call me Nicklaus or Nick," the prince smiled. He was glad that she had come to talk with him. Maybe he would get her.

Ryomen watched through the window. He was fuming. He couldn't believe that she just walked away from him like that. Ryomen hoped that she wouldn't pick him. Mainly because he wanted to be with her. But his father would be furious and kill her entire kingdom. But either way she would still die.

Nicklaus on the other hand was enjoying his time with the princess. He liked talking to her about random things. They would laugh about silly things, and would explain the strange things. And no one bothered them, well, until the king came to get his daughter. Only to notice that she was enjoying herself. So, he let her be, knowing his choice already. The king smiled to himself and went to tell his wife.

After some time had passed the king came back to get his daughter and the prince. Saying that it was time to pick whom she would marry. And Ithildin was set on Prince Nicklaus. Not only because of his looks, it was mainly on his personality and the way she got along with him.

Ryomen wasn't too thrilled when the king brought Ithildin and the prince back inside. He knew that they would be selecting who she married soon. And he could tell that this was one thing he wasn't going to get. He had lost her again. But he hoped that she could at least live a happy life. And that his father wouldn't come and kill them.

"As you all should know, my daughter, Princess Ithildin, will be getting married to one of you. But I think that choice should be up to my daughter," the king looked at Nicklaus before looking to his daughter. He already knew her choice.

"Prince Nicklaus," Ithildin said. Those words reached Ryomen, shattering him. He walked out of the ball room and out of the castle. He couldn't be there for another moment. He was disappointed in himself for losing her the first time. But he knew that he had lost her again and was about to lose he for good.

Prince Nicklaus was surprised, but was happy that she chose him. But what he wasn't expecting was for guard to lead him to a room he wasn't shown to when he had first arrived. It looked more like it had been lived in for years. Books were laid out. Pencils were scattered on the desk. And pictures of the royal family were hanging on the walls.

The king walked into the room with Ithildin by his side. The prince looked over at them and waited for the king to explain. Which took a minute for the king to put his words in a sentence.

"Tomorrow you two will be married. I know its short notice, but tonight I would like for you two to get used to sharing a room and bed. And maids will wake you in the morning," the king said before closing the doors behind him as he left the room.

"Why such short time?" the prince asked.

"War just got declared," Ithildin whispered.

"With whom?" the prince asked.

"The enemy of Alfheim," she answered.

"I think it might be safer in my kingdom after our marriage. I'll talk it over with your father in the morning," the prince said while walking closer to his soon to be wife. Ithildin watched him closely. He didn't look like he was trying to hurt her. Ithildin didn't move from her spot.

"I can show you to his office right now if you would like. That way I could get ready for bed and be asleep by the time you come back to my room," Ithildin offered. Nicklaus nodded his head and let Ithildin led the way.

Ithildin knocked on her father's study. The door opened revealing her father standing there. "Prince Nicklaus would like to talking to you about something," Ithildin told her father before turning around and returning to her room. Leaving the prince to talk to her father alone.