Chapter 8: Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks

Scrooge had dragged Huey, Dewey and Joey to the billionaires club which he claimed was a 'very important meeting'. Scrooge and Glomgold stare intently at each other while bagpipe music plays in the background. "So are we going to the store or..?" Huey questioned. Joey hummed the jeopardy theme. It was a....
"It's a staring contest."

Scrooge didn't look at them only said. "Quiet. I'm in the middle of a vision beast battle of wills."

"So it's a staring contest." Dewey said. Joey nodded in agreement. What the yellow clad duck really wanted was to find out what happened to his mom. Instead of wasting time here.

"It's not just a staring contest," Glomgold starts looking at them." It's a-" then stops. " Nice try, McDuck but your family bickering will never make me look away. Never!"

"Never say never, Dumbgold." Joey said. Who responded with a growl. "It's Glomgold you- oh no you don't!" He didn't look.

"It's a staring contest." Dewey said. A snooty looking usher came over to the boys. "Excuse me, this area of the Duckburg Billionaires Club is only for our elite members." Huey, Dewey and Joey walk out of the room. " The creme de la creme, the finest ducks in Duckburg!"
Joey rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah we get it Mr. Hoity- Toity- Fancy- Pants. We get it, we're going."

The usher stuck his nose up snobbishly. Mark Beaks enters as Huey, Dewey and Joey exit.

Then to add more mood Huey says. "Is that-"

"Yup," Beaks says, eyes still on his phone.

"I'm sorry, who is this?" Joey asked. Beaks gasped and looked offended. Joey gets that reaction a lot. Then the billionaire influencer went to join Scrooge and Glomgold, who were still staring at each other to even notice him.

Beaks shows off his bank account balance, almost reaching one billion dollars. Glomgold shoves it aside without breaking eye contact with Scrooge. Talks about a 'Project Ta Da.'

The boys were in the so-called "kids play area." Which was just oddly enough, a small space in the corner of a large room with dividers surrounding them.

"Some kids area." An unimpressed Joey said flatly.
"That was Mark Beaks! He's right in there! Oh man, I'm almost breathing the same air as him." Huey said.
"Meh." Joey said.
Huey sniffs a poster of Beaks. "Oh, ingenuity."

Joey inhales as well. "Oh, disturbing."
"C'mon, like I couldn't be a young influential business guy!" Dewey said.

Huey and Dewey started talking about Beaks and Joey just kind of tuned out.
" It's just... you're more the "crazy, irresponsible, fun guy" than the "serious, brilliant, successful guy" and Joey is..."
Joey tunes back in. "Huh, you were saying, I wasn't paying attention as soon as you started boring me."

"I could be just as successful as Mark Beaks, in six years tops!" Dewey said he broke the knight armor. The usher looked at the boys.
"Ooh Sorry I'll pay for that in six years."

"Although, if you had a bigger kids area this could've been avoided." Joey said. "So this is partially on you. Just saying."

-title sequence-

Mark Beaks came back out a remix of Scottish music blaring inside. "Bunch of rich money duddies. Don't even have an internet following."
Huey got excited, so was Dewey, while Joey was indifferent. Beaks shut the door and Huey and Dewey rushed him. "Mr. Beaks, I'm Dewey, future astronaut, president and..." Dewey said but was then cut off by Huey. "CAN YOU SIGN THIS? YOU'RE MY HERO AND A GENIUS!" Huey gave Beaks his poster which he took.

"Sup." Joey simply said.
"Genius? You three! I like how much you like me, that shows real smarts. " Beaks said.
"I never said tha..." Joey started to say but Beaks didn't let him finish. "Come by the offices and I'll hook you up with a tour. Maybe even an after-school job?" He did finger guns. "Pew. Pew. Pew. Pew."