Chapter 4: The Great Dime Chase!

It was a nice lazy day for Louie as usual, much like he did in the house boat (when he wasn't conning money from people) sit on the couch watching tv and drinking pep without a care in the world.

On the show he was watching showed two roosters come on screen and sat on some seats with fancy audomons in front of them.

"Hi! I'm Randy!" Said the rooster on the right." The smart one!"
"And I'm Andy!" The one on the left said joining his...brother?  "The good looking one!"

"And welcome to Audomon Empire!"  Andy and Randy announced.

Scrooge walked into the living room and sees Louie watching the show.

"This show is so dumb." Louie said with a groan.
"Then why don't you just turn off the Telly?" a dumbfounded Scrooge asked.
"The remote is way over there." He said as he pointed to the other side of the couch with a grunt. He then lazily reached for it only to stop emidiatly.

"So any big plans for today?" Scrooge asked.

"I was thinking about moving to the big tv down stairs." Louie said, much to Scrooge's frustration.
Louie then lets out a burp before reaching for one of many cans of pep. He takes one sip before putting it down.
"Hey, do we have anymore pep?" Louie asked.

"You got six full cans right there!" Scrooge pointed out.
"I like only the first sip." Louie explained. " a peak carbonation." He shrugs and says. "Never mind, I'll call Beakley..." Louie looks at his phone. " oh man, my phones dead. I guess I gotta buy a new one." He said as he chucked it in the trash.

" Just charge it!" Scrooge scolded, getting even more frustrated.

"This ones three months on anyways." Louie said in an uncaring tone. "Who cares? We're rich!"
Having had enough Scrooge said. "No. I'M rich! That's it, laddie! You're coming me to the the office to learn to value a hard days work!" Scrooge said as he grabbed Louie by his hood and dragged him away.

———————————————————————————

Meanwhile, Dewey and Joey are seen sneaking into Webby's room. Joey then decided to speak up. " Hey Dewey," Joey said getting his attention. " don't you think we should, I don't know, tell Huey and Louie about this? I'm she is their mom to."

Dewey then looked at his brother as if he had lost his mind. "No, we can't tell them anything until we find out for sure what happened to her." He explained. " I don't want to worry them."

Joey then groaned. " come on. You know I don't like keeping secrets." Joey complained. " I'm terrible at it. I say what's on my mind and whatever comes into my head at the time."

"Don't you dare." Dewey whispered harshly as he is very much aware that he is a big blabber mouth but, he already knows that he knows about their mom so Dewey basically has no choice but to keep him in the loop.

" Yeah but..." Joey said before he was cut off by Dewey. " Please, for once just keep your mouth shut. Just think like Louie." Dewey advised.

Joey sighed and whispered while rolling his eyes. "Fine. But what's the point of being talking ducks when have to keep secrets." He then had one more thing to say. " Just one thing. If I hadn't have seen the picture of mom. Would you have kept me in the dark as well?" He asked. Dewey didn't answer.

They then walk over to Webby's book and Dewey grabs it. "Y'know, if she kills you I will cover for her."

As if on cue, Webby appears hanging upside down in front of Dewey and Joey startling them. "Whatcha doing?" She asked. As she jumped down and landed on her feet.
"Ah! Breaking in" Dewey fell over and Joey nearly jumped out of his skin. " we're not breaking in!"