4 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩

druig.
2018 - august

the anger, the frustration, the silent treatment that i had prepared myself for so long, it all vanished in an instant. as soon as i laid eyes on her, it all came back, striking me in the heart like lightning. she was so beautiful. not a thing changed about her radiance.

Ajak was walking with her, the Amazonians turned to look, some of them on the defense but I was quick to shut that down. I'd sooner die than let anything happen to her.

I walked up to them, my eyes searching her face for some sort of indication to how she was feeling. The look on Ajak's face though, it dawned on me.

Then, she spoke. "Hi. I'm Amethyst."

amethyst.
2018 - june

there was a quality in the air that changed. i sensed it but there was no way i could pinpoint where it was coming from. like a thrum beating through every inch of the earth. something was coming. something bad.

I was sitting in my small home in Wyoming. I turned the tv on, all the news channels covering multiple things. Another alien invasion? It looked similar to the one in 2012, but I could feel something was off.

Days went by. There was hardly any news coverage. I felt something happening though, this time I was able to figure out where it was coming from. Wakanda. I was laying in my bed when it happened. The most excruciating painful feeling that has ever passed through my body. All at once. Slowly. Innocent people being removed from existence. My scream tore through the walls of my home, I stumbled out of the house, crawling on the grass.

crumbling. dusting. it felt like i was being whisked away over and over again, every molecule in my body being ripped apart and put back together. i thought it would kill me, i wished for it to do it already. end my misery. keep me from experiencing that terrible feeling again. but it continued. for hours. crumbling. dusting.

I lived in the middle of nowhere. I felt everyone on earth all at once. The people being snapped away from existence and the people who had to experience the loss. It was so overwhelming that my whole body felt like it was on fire. Energy so strong that I thought it was going to rip through my chest. My house shook, the ground quaked and I watched as I screamed so explosively that my home combusted.

I laid in a crater, sobbing for hours, unable to let go of the burning feeling throughout my whole body. Like a million matches being held an inch away from every bit of my skin. Agony.

It took me a full day to get from Wyoming to South Dakota. Painfully. I was still struggling to keep my screams down while flying but I let it all out again as soon as I landed in front of Ajak's house.

A crater formed beneath me once again, I gripped the crystal around my neck and tried to take deep breaths. Ajak came running out, I took one look up at her from the bottom of the crater. Tears so swelled up in my eyes that I couldn't see damn thing, "Please, help me." I begged and collapsed immediately after.

druig.
2018 - august

"Hello." I exhaled slowly. Ajak had a saddened look on her face when she met my eyes. "Druig." I hated this. I never thought I'd have to introduce myself to her again.