7

Dwayne POV

"Dwayne forget it!" She pushed me off. "I'm not going! Ava ruined my life, ok!?" She shouted, tears welling in her eyes. "Good luck..I'm staying here" she said.

"B-but this is our biggest game.." I tried to protest. "I know and I'm sorry..I wish I could go but I'm too embarrassed..sorry.." she apologized.

"Ok..it's ok..thanks for the good luck.." I said and left for the game.

.

Y/n POV

"I can't believe she did that!" Linda shouted. I nodded. "That is so uncalled for and so untrue why would she even do that" "I don't know.."

Linda looks at the tv, the game playing on it.

She studied the screen for a few seconds before turning to me.

"Go." Was all she said. "What-" "you should go"

I bit my lip. "I can't.." I told her. "You have to" she said, shaking my shoulders. "B-but Ava-" "but Ava nothing Y/n/n!"

"She doesn't know anything! She's just another stuck up, obnoxious cheerleader. You really gonna let her get the best of you and most importantly your mind?" She asked.

I shook my head slowly.

"Exactly. Now gooo" she pushed me into my room to change.

I put on a black t-shirt, a blue flannel, and Dwayne's cowboy hat.

I walked out of my room and put my shoes on.

Linda nodded and motioned towards the door.

.

Dwayne POV

So far it was tied 0-0. We were playing pretty good defense. But so were they.

We all huddled around Charlie, who was trying to hype us up before the second quarter.

"Ok, varsity plays good defense, but as long as we keep up our defense game and leave it tied, we can end in a shoot-out and have a chance at winning by default." He explained.

We all nodded and the buzzer went off, signaling the quarter was starting.

I looked up in the stands and studied the people when my eyes landed on a certain person.

"Y/n..?" I mumbled to myself.

She came..?