Author's Note

Considering how much time I've spent working on the "P O W E R" series and working out all the twists and turns that come with the territory of the new-and-unimproved Safe Haven, I've come to enjoy writing stories that take place in the past more than those in the present (or future, relatively speaking. That's a time joke, BTW). Tackling Zill's family history was a challenge I accepted wholeheartedly, especially since it allowed me to develop his relationship with the ever-elusive Cierra (now "Syha'h"), Queen of Crime and follower of Cthulhu.

It also let me introduce the rest of his family:

There they are! What a happy-looking bunch, eh?

I hope you guys have as much fun reading about the arthrogons as I did writing about them. It let me get away from the humdrum of "P O W E R" and experiment with something a little different. So enjoy it—I COMMAND YOU! (Not really. You can say it's crap if you want, I won't mind.)

Oh, and by the way: this is Part I.

Now prepare for launch. The survivors of the arthrogon race are desperate for a hero. But what's a hero without an origin story...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Art belongs to vivziepop)