Ch. 7

Ron's reference to Star Wars reminded her that today, Saturday, was the day that Pansy, Sahana, Blaise, Theo, and herself would go see Attack of the Clones.

Bustling around her apartment, Hermione got ready to go.

She grabbed a pair of jeans, a flannel plaid shirt, and a pair of white Converse sneakers, while her boyfriend made a curious observation. Ron watched the flurry of activity and found it easily comparable to a typical Disney princess movie, what with all the animals and inanimate objects helping her get dressed.

Crookshanks handed her a brush and found her a denim jacket, Alayla tied shoes and hunted for earrings, and Hermione applied makeup with the help of her many-appendaged mirror.

It was not but ten minutes later that Hermione was beautified to the satisfaction of her mirror and ready to go.

"Come on, Ron, let's go get you something decent for breakfast to make up for the abomination I tossed down the sink...How about a Krispy Kreme donut?"

"How about four?" he asked loudly, waking from his fake coma with excitement. Hermione made a gesture of indifference as she looked for her wand, and Ron bolted out the door, elation written on his face.

"Honestly," Hermione muttered, locking the door behind her and following him down the hall.

She couldn't help but laugh at his childish antics - they were cute.

"Pansy, I don't understand how such a girly-girl like you can be so infatuated with Star Wars," Blaise commented.

He, of course, received no response, as Pansy Parkinson was currently gazing at a blown-up poster board advertising Attack of the Clones.

It featured Padme Amidala, aiming her blaster at an unseen enemy, with lasers whizzing past and Obi-Wan Kenobi brandishing a lightsaber, back-to-back with Master Windu.

But Pansy did not care about any of that. What Pansy cared about was the young boy, of about 19 years old, with choppy blonde hair and a long, thin braid, tossed casually over his shoulder.

She cared about the dangerous glint in his bright blue eyes that reflected the lightsaber of the same color, ignited in his hand.

No, Blaise realized, Pansy was not obsessed with Star Wars. She was obsessed with Anakin Skywalker.

He shook his head and walked out of the movie theater.

Theo gazed at the poster with equal admiration. He and Pansy had become friends because of Star Wars, and it was like a religion to them.

Hermione walked out into the bright sunshine, squinting. The theater had, of course, been dark, and the sun was blinding.

Sahana pulled up in a black and white 2002 BMW Hommage and revved the engine a few times, grinning.

"BLAISE! THEO! Come see my new child!" she yelled at them, and they rushed out of the theater lobby in a panic, fully expecting to see a squalling baby in the back of the car.

Their faces went through the same motions in harmony, first horror, then exasperation, then absolute adoration.

The car was sporty, with sharp edges and a drop-top to match, painted white with a black stripe down the side. Sahana revved the engine again, and it purred. The boys closed their eyes in reverence.

Sahana looked lovely in it, and Hermione told her so. The pretty Indian witch grinned happily.

Everyone piled in the back except for Hermione who was "The Favorite" today and got a whole seat to herself.