Ch. 28

Hermione jumped out of her bed, rubbing her throbbing shoulder.

"Jesus Christ, Malfoy, what was that for?!"

He snarled at her over the roaring of the sea. "Your house is flooding, Granger. Get what you - shit. Tell me what you need out of here, and then we're leaving."

Hermione listed off her wand, blanket, and a few food items.

Malfoy got them and shoved the blanket in her hand. "Let's go. Apparate us out of here."

Hermione panicked. "I can't do that!"

Malfoy grabbed her wrist and shoved her forearm into the water. It was rising fast - too fast.

"Do you want to die?" he screamed at her.

"YES!"

They both stood still. Hermione could not believe what had come out of her mouth, but when she thought about it, nothing was more true to her in that moment.

Malfoy roared, and the presence in her mind slammed through Hermione's mental shields.

You are not going to die. There are still things you don't know.

And the wind and shadow wrapped around her mind, and Apparated them off of the sinking island.

A/N: Okay, so if you are really OCD about details, you will have noticed that, if Ginny was five months pregnant when our story started (late August), she should have only had four months to go, meaning that the baby should have been born in December, right around Christmas. But wizarding (or shall I say witching(?)) pregnancies last longer, about 13 months in total. Ginny's baby will be born in the month of June. There's a reason I stretched that out. But poor Ginny.

Enjoy!....

Ginny hit the floor with a thud, her hand wrapped instinctively around her stomach.

Her tears fell thick and fast as the door slammed behind Harry, though she didn't realize it.

Ginny couldn't believe he had left her over something so stupid.

And she couldn't believe she had let it get that far.

Ginny looked out the kitchen window at the rising sun and gentle looking sky.

It's such a beautiful morning, she thought, walking into the master bedroom.

"Harry," she said softly, pulling the covers back. His hair looked a little like Seamus' would after he blew something up. Harry's arm slid over her shoulder lovingly - and he let out the fakest snore Ginny had ever heard.

She told him so, too.

"Never hurts to try," he murmured. "Sorry I didn't make breakfast for you...."

"You've made me breakfast every day for the past couple of weeks, and besides, I needed to get back into the habit." Ginny began to make the bed around him, pulling the comforter up to his nose. "Also, I think I'm going to eat outside this morning. The sky is beautiful. See you out there?"

"Mrfgh," he answered, buried underneath pillows and blankets.

Ginny laughed at him, but her smile fell when Harry sat bolt upright, his green eyes like steel.

"No."

Ginny shook her head in disbelief, looking at him like he'd grown an extra head.